Sunday, 6 September 2015

MY ROADTRIP SOUNDTRACK . . .

I've made no secret of the fact that I love a road trip. But it's not only the journey or the destination that's important... the music accompanying the trip is just as important.

I don't know about you though but I tend to like a variety of tunes to listen to, rather than just one specific artist or band. And if you go looking at these "best driving songs ever" compilation albums, most of the time the choice of songs on them actually drives you mad. I feel like I could make a far superior album myself.

So what would I put on mine? I'm glad you asked . . .

1) System of a Down - Chop Suey!
Absolutely made for shout-scream-singing along with at high volumes. Windows rolled down only when on country roads without other people (apart from the boyfriend, of course) around to have to listen to my shit voice.

2) The Cardigans - My Favourite Game I'm sure this pops up on many a driving compilation anyway as they tend to like songs that are either a) about driving or b) featuring a video which involves driving (they're so original) but this one actually breaks the mould by being a good choice.

3) Clean Bandit - Dust Clears



Clean Bandit are one of my favourite bands, and Dust Clears is probably my very favourite track of theirs. A road trip is not complete without at least one listen to this.

4) Nelly - Ride With Me
Another driving related song choice but I love this. My favourite memory of it was driving along the side of Loch Lomond, I think on the way to Skye earlier this year, and I insisted on putting on an r&b compilation album much to the fella's chagrin. As we drove by the roadworks at Pulpit Rock this was playing loudly with the windows down, and I like to think it livened up the workers' day.

5) Prince - When Doves Cry
This frequently comes on the radio when we're in the car... however, we tend to miss the start of it, which really pisses me off, as it's such a classic. At least if my album had it on there, I could listen any time I wanted.

6) The Cranberries - Zombie
  I frequently hurt my throat doing my best Dolores O'Riordan wailing along with this song. Seriously. This song should actually come with a warning for my health. Anytime he hears the opening chords of this the boyfriend warns me to try not to hurt myself. I never listen.

7) Michael Jackson - Give Into Me
Playing air guitar in the car is ace. I don't think this song needs any further justification for its inclusion on my list.

8) Bobby Brown - Two Can Play That Game
There's about a 50% change it'll be on the radio any time I'm on a roadtrip... so it would be weird for it not to be on my roadtrip album. Plus it's a brilliant song anyway.

9) Ocean Color Scene - The Riverboat Song
Throwback to my teens... and another one that's great to sing along with. Loudly.

10) Faith No More - Epic


I absolutely love this tune, although it's a very recent thing for me. I can scream along with it, dance in my seat AND play fake air guitar, so it has pretty much everything I want in a roadtrip song.


What would be on your own roadtrip soundtrack?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)