Wednesday, 13 May 2015

SCOTLAND THE BEAUTIFUL . . . MULL OF GALLOWAY!

 
Ever wondered where the southern-most point in Scotland is, but just been too lazy to google it? Let me set your mind at ease - it's the Mull of Galloway in Dumfries & Galloway. We visited down there the other week, after a cheeky wee overnight stay in Stranraer.
 
On the drive down there, the weather was decidedly lacking. It made for some decent waves though! (We got to drive through these on the road!) Luckily as we neared the southernly point, the weather started to clear up and we got to see some pretty scenery and beaches.
 
 
It was pretty foggy once we arrived but the mist was thankfully burned off by the sun for about half an hour and we got to see the scenery in all its beauty!
 
 
For that half hour, it was gloriously warm and we could have been abroad!

 












For more information, go here.

2 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful!! I really would like to see more of Scotland. The only place I've been to is Glasgow, and I'd love to see the countryside and the islands. My husband and myself were planning a trip to Islay (we're whisky geeks) but then it never happened. One day I hope...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photographs are beautiful. I am ashamed to say I have never been but you make me want to plan a trip to D and G x

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)