Thursday, 23 April 2015

LETTUCE BE HEALTHY!


I love the idea of being one of those "healthy" people. The people I see on instagram in approximately every third photo. The people who look all toned and glowing and post videos of their intense workouts alongside beautiful snaps of their delicious - but - healthy meals, usually made of ingredients I've never heard of and would probably only find on one of my bi-annual trips to Whole Foods in Giffnock.

They are so fit and happy and they make me sick because I'm not one of them.

(They're usually also Australian which makes me even more jealous, given I live in rainy Scotland. But I digress.)

The thing is, it's not that hard to be healthy. I just make it so by thinking that I need all these fixes that I can only get in Holland & Barretts or Whole Foods. All you need is to go to the supermarket, pick up some salad vegetables and protein and you have a million salad ideas you can try out. Just layer on some mixed leaves, peppers, cherry tomatoes and spring onion (not cucumber. Just no. I hate the stuff) and then you can chuck anything else on top of this base!

Some of my favourites are:

  • Egg, bacon and avocado
  • Chicken and cheese (as pictured!)
  • Salmon and avocado
  • Tuna mayo and red onion

All just so easy and also healthy. And low-carb, if that's something you try to stick to as much as possible. It's also a good excuse to have a lot of your favourite protein without the guilt you would have if you added it to pasta or rice. Result!


We all need some salad in our life . . . I'm all for it, especially if it means it frees up my calories for a glass of wine or twelve!!! ;-)

What's your favourite thing to put in a salad?



This blog post was produced in collaboration with Florette.


3 comments:

  1. I have recently declared my love for salad. I'm trying really hard to become better at it! I have a friend who I snapchat with. We send each other pics each time we eat a salad. It's been really weirdly motivating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I so need to start eating more salads! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loveeee salads and this looks sooo yummy :)
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)