Monday, 2 March 2015

ON FASTING . . . AND FORGETTING MY LUNCH!!!

So today is my third fast day and so far it's definitely been easier than I thought. Still hard, mind, but I genuinely thought it would be harder than this.

I mean, there always seem to be waves of hunger. Like this morning, when I decided to hold off until lunchtime to have my first food but was suddenly overcome with starvation at about half past ten. But I stayed strong and it passed and I was able to hold out until lunch without too much difficulty!

I occasionally feel a bit moody, but to be honest that might be my personality that anything relating to food. Although my boyfriend saying proudly he thought he was under his calorie intake for the day, meaning TWO THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED CALORIES did sort of make me want to punch him.

But the value you put on food when you're not having as much is also pretty ridiculous. Case in point: last Friday. I'd had my second fast day the day before and, while in Marks and Spencers buying my 283 calorie ready meal (that's an approximate figure) I decided to buy Friday's lunch to give me something to look forward to.

I went for a simple - but delicious because "it's not just food, it's M&S food, y'all!" - egg mayo sandwich along with Mexican chicken with a sour cream dip. It was going to be an epic lunch.... and one I wouldn't be able to have until two pm on Friday due to the way my meetings were laid out around lunch. But I was looking forward to it so much. I spent most of Thursday night fighting my hunger pangs by imagining how good my lunch would feel the next day.

So you can possibly imagine my feelings when I got out of the car at work on Friday morning... and realised that I DIDN'T HAVE MY LUNCH WITH ME!!!

I'd assumed that my boyfriend had taken it out to the car, as he'd taken it out of the fridge. He had assumed I had taken it myself. We were both wrong.

I'm not proud of my actions.

I cried.

My heart was pretty much broken.

But my lovely boyfriend went back to his house at lunchtime and got it for me. And then I only had time to eat the sandwich part of it. Which also upset me.

I don't think not eating has ever upset me THIS much before. And it wasn't even my time of the month! So I've deliberately not bought lunch in advance for tomorrow.

It seems safer that way...

1 comment:

  1. Ah, so sorry about that. I can definitely feel your pain! I would have hated that and would have possibly sabotaged my whole week's diet because of said incident. Don't be discouraged!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)