Tuesday, 31 March 2015

AN EGG-CELLENT MEAL . . . "ALL-DAY-BREAKFAST" SCRAMBLE!


As I mentioned in my last post I don't get a lot of time to make breakfast during the week due to work - it's easier for me to throw together some overnight oats the night before or take in some cereal and almond milk than it is to actually create a slap-up breakfast on a weekday morning. It's also far easier for me to stay in bed and hit the snooze button twenty thousand times before finally dragging myself out of bed half an hour before I'm due to leave my flat!

However, when I was contacted by a representative for British Lion Eggs asking for me to create a recipe using eggs, I decided to make an exception to the rule today and try and cook something up for me and the boyfriend.

I decided to make an "all-day-breakfast" scramble of sorts. You could throw anything typically "breakfast" into this - I decided to go for relatively healthy facets of a traditional fry-up, mixing tomatoes, mushrooms and chopped up bacon into scrambled egg, along with the possibly slightly less traditional breakfast ingredients of spring onions and some cream cheese!


So how do you make this delicious but simple creation??? Easy! Just fry up 2 slices of unsmoked bacon and add some sliced mushrooms; meanwhile crack four eggs into a bowl and mix with a tablespoonful of cream cheese. Tip the eggs on top of the bacon and mushrooms in a pan and scramble, adding sliced up cherry tomatoes and the spring onions as the eggs cook. I meant to top this with some feta cheese but it completely slipped my mind - too early in the morning for me to be thinking properly, I guess! Despite the omission of cheese it was absolutely delicious!



Quite often if I eat breakfast early I feel my stomach growling around the office by mid-morning. However, I've always found one of the best things about eggs is that they tend to fill me up until lunch.

I know a couple of people who don't like eggs or suffer from an Egg Allergy. .  . I'm glad I'm not one of them because I loved this breakfast and will definitely be making it again very soon. Although perhaps I'll make it a little bit LESS healthy next time. Sausages and black pudding scramble anyone??? ;-)


This post was produced in collaboration with British Lion Eggs.




1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing. I love eggs, but I don't know much to do with them. I'll have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)