Monday, 16 February 2015

FORGET CRYING OVER SPILT MILK . . . TRY CRYING OVER A BROKEN WINE GLASS INSTEAD!

If you're crying by 8.15am on a Monday morning it's not a good sign.

That was me today.

First of all, I slept badly.  I woke at four unable to fall back asleep, tossing and turning.  I only started to feel sleepy about ten minutes before I needed to get up. Although isn't that always the way?!? Sod's law and all that. I finally managed to drag myself out of bed, feeling like I'd been hit by a truck, and probably about twenty times more tired than I had in the middle of the night.

I started getting ready for work, noticing as I went to put my eye make-up on that my left eye looked a wee bit bloodshot. Within the next five minutes it became all swollen, to the point where I felt like there was something in my eye... but it WAS my swollen eye that was making it feel like there was something in my eye. If that makes sense. It wouldn't stop watering and I couldn't really put make-up on it and I was resembling Cyclops a wee bit so then I had to frantically try to style my (unwashed) hair so it covered the swollen eye.

Next there was the Dress Incident. I put on one of my favourite dresses, which zips up the back and then has a tie on either side which you tie up around the back. I asked the boyfriend to zip me in. Then I couldn't find one of the ties. It had completely vanished. What the actual fuck. I had to take the dress off to work out what had happened. The tie had been there all along, but I don't know where! The boyfriend was equally mystified.

Anyway, for a Monday morning I'd already been through quite enough. Luckily the swollen eye was already starting to improve so, although I was still tired, I had two almost identical eyes again and my dress had made a miracle recovery so it was all going to be a good day . . .

Until I turned around and my coat swung out behind me . . . AND KNOCKED MY MOST FAVOURITE WINE GLASS OFF THE COFFEE TABLE! (Why oh why did I leave it there last night???}

And that was the final straw. The waterworks started flowing.

IT'S NOT EVEN MY TIME OF THE MONTH. I ACTUALLY WAS GENUINELY CRYING OVER THE LOSS OF MY WINE GLASS.


BUT LOOK HOW AWESOME IT IS! WAS, RATHER. :-(

The only advantage to such a shit start of the day? It was all uphill from thereonin...

RIP Paula's wine glass. I'll miss you. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)