Monday, 5 January 2015

FORGET "NEW YEAR, NEW ME" . . . THIS IS "5 DAYS INTO THE YEAR, NEW ME" . . .

I know people like to mock New Year's Resolutions, but I can see why people make them. In a cheesy sort of way, it makes sense - a new year means a clean slate and why not use that to start over?

So, with that disclaimer, here are my 2015 resolutions:

***Save money
I've been treading water when it comes to money for years - rarely living beyond my means, but never really having any savings. Ever since I moved into my own place I've found this spiralling a bit out of control, not so much the living from day to day, but just wanting to go on holidays etc. So going on four holidays plus a couple of nights/weekends away last year did really not help my bank balance. I don't need to be saving a LOT, that would be overambitious of me . . . but enough to have a nest egg I can dip into for emergencies. Because in my life I tend to break my phone and get an unexpected bill approximately two minutes after forking out money I don't have for a holiday . . . Not this year!!!

***Lose weight and GET HEALTHY
This is fairly simple. Eat healthier (I already do eat relatively healthy probably about 60% of the time, but I want to make that more like 80% of the time and "very" healthy as opposed to "relatively"). Cut down on the numerous bottles of vino. And get a decent workout routine in. I've signed up for an online personal trainer and that kicked off today, so let's see if I can make a difference for a change!

***Get my flat organised
I want the kind of uncluttered place that I'd be happy to invite my friends over to for dinner. If uncluttered is not possible, it would be good if they could at least sit down at the table without falling over several boxes I have forgotten to unpack since moving in 2013 . . .

***Becoming a better cook
I'm actually a much better chef than I used to be, but I want to get braver. I probably rotate about six or seven meals max on a regular basis at the moment, which is an improvement on only being able to make pizza or tablet a few years ago . . . but I want to get a bit more adventurous and not freak out if a recipe has more than approximately eight ingredients.

***Visit more amazing places in Scotland
I still have places I haven't shared in the Scotland the Beautiful series I started last year . . . but I have also so many more places I want to visit and explore. I obviously want to go further afield this year as well, but I definitely want to see more of what my own country has to offer. Don't worry - I won't keep it to myself!
'

Have you made any resolutions for 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)