Tuesday, 2 September 2014

THE ONE WHERE I'M HOPKIN' MAD . . .


"So Katie Hopkins has put on three Stone just to prove how easy it is to lose it again? What a fucking idiot. At least she won't need to turn to laxatives... so much shite comes out her mouth she'll probably lose all the weight in a week!" - me, last night

So Katie Hopkins is at it again.

And this time, the professional rent-a-gob is having a go at overweight people.

Fantastic, right? In her latest project, she has DELIBERATELY put on over three stone just so she can prove 1) how easy it is to lose weight and 2) claim that people who can't lose weight are just making excuses.

What a saint this woman is, right? How very good of her to teach us how to lose weight! Let's forget about those people who actually do  have conditions which make it hard for them to lose weight. Let's shame everyone struggling to lose weight just so she can get another fifteen minutes of fame on top of the half hour or so she already didn't deserve.

The quote at the top of this post was my status update on Facebook last night. In 24 hours, 48 people have liked this status update. Much as I'd like to think otherwise, I think all these likes were less to do with my rapier-like wit, and more to do with a mutual hatred of Katie Hopkins.

Why do we keep giving this woman a platform to spew her bile? Is it because we all really need someone to focus our hatred on? Why else do people keep inviting her on shows to say something destined to rile at least half the nation? Why am I maliciously hoping she fails spectacularly in her plan to lose all of this weight again in the same amount of time she put it on, so she has to eat her holier-than-thou words (thank goodness words are calorie-free, right?)? What shite is she going to come out with next?

And why am I even wasting this rant on her???


What do you think of Katie Hopkins, and this latest project???


PS I'm over on Dawniepopsies blog today talking all about one of my favourite subjects... food. And maybe wine too. Go check it out here.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know who she is. Sorry. I live under a rock. But it's a nice rock.

    Meanwhile, I lost 17 pounds since April 1st. Most of this was by going to a very low carb diet (<20g/day), based on the book "Why We Get Fat" by Taubes. So, high calorie, high fat, high sodium, low carb. Basically opposite everything everybody but Atkins said for years. And the NY Times JUST ran an article about how low fat diets are crap and low carb/high fat is actually healthier than we ever imagined. Huh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that woman with the fire of a thousand suns. She's a fucking idiot. She knows she's a fucking idiot, so she keeps being outrageously hideous so people give her airtime. It's like that Josie Cunningham or whatever her name is- just truly despicable! xx

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)