Thursday, 11 September 2014

THE ONE WHERE I TAKE THE PISS OUT OF THE PATRONISING BT LADY . . .

You may or may not know that a week today we're having a little vote in Scotland... well, actually it's a pretty big vote on whether we vote yes or not for an independent Scotland or not. I'm not going to assume any other country necessarily cares though - that would be arrogant of me to do so. The nation has been pretty divided on the whole thing though. Personally, I'm planning to vote yes, but I don't believe in forcing my beliefs down other people's throats. It's up to everyone to make their own decision.

But I digress. Something which was a major talking point a couple of weeks back was the patronising, condescending, chauvinistic "No" advert that Better Together brought out. "The woman who made up her mind." Did you see it, or hear of it? It had people on both sides a bit appalled.  It was so awful that it spurned an entire hashtag on Twitter devoted to the "Patronising BT Lady" as she was so dubbed. Watch it here if you want.

Anyway, various piss-takes and spoofs have been flying about in among the backlash. This was my favourite:




And the other night, I decided on a whim (a bit of a tipsy whim, admittedly) to make up my own piss-take, using my own favourite subject - wine!!! Hope you enjoy...





Did you see the Better Together advert featuring the patronising BT lady? What did you think about it?

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Love the piss takes! You're right you know, no wine for an independent Scotland!

    I hadn't seen the original before. Holy crap, are you sure that wasn't made by the Yes side to annoy the undecided into voting the opposite of that annoying cow?

    And YAY! I understood everything you said! :)

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)