Monday, 9 June 2014

WEEKEND SHENANIGANS . . .

Victoria Park
This weekend was definitely a good 'un. It started off with a Friday evening spent sitting in my local park Victoria park, watching the birds in the pond and admiring all the dogs going past, followed by some vino back at my flat.

Saturday I headed over to the lovely Dawn's for a catch-up with her and the equally lovely Smidge, where Dawn plied us with gin cocktails (featuring delicious
home-made lemonade), expresso martinis and bellinis, while we gorged on several varieties of cheese (there were other food options but I'm all about the cheese really) and gossiped away all night.

Then on Sunday me and the boyfriend met up with my sis and headed for the parade on Byres Road which was part of the Mela Festival. I usually miss out on this as I 1) hate people and 2)I'm more often than not headed down to London for work on that particular weekend. But 2) wasn't happening this year and I decided to try and put 1) aside. I'm glad I did.









The parade was great: colourful, noisy, fun . . . Glasgow was trying to do its whole "four seasons in one day" performance though and flipping through its weather options with the unpredictability of John McEnroe on a tennis court. One minute our skin was burning, the next freezing cold rain was plopping down on us. We persevered regardless.

After the parade ended we headed over to Kelvingrove Park (what should have been a five minute journey took about five times that due to the many people holding us up as they headed, zombie like, in the same direction) and the boyfriend immediately sniffed out an outside bar bit near the bandstand. So we worked our way through a couple of glasses of wine while the weather continued to change its mind around us, then ended up going to Lebowskis for a burger and several more glasses of booze.

I bloody love Glasgow... especially in the summer. Even WITH the unpredictable summer weather. And we have the Commonwealth Games starting here in July as well, which makes living here even more exciting. I even have tickets to a couple of the athletic events so it's going to be awesome!!!

Anyway... on the Glasgow subject . . .I'm representing GlesgaGobs on twitter this week. so you should come check me out! I'll try my best to be entertaining and not neglect my pollypoptart account too much. But come join me!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun time! I wish I lived there! :)

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)