Sunday, 19 January 2014

ON WHY I'M SO OVER SHOWERS...

I hate showering.

Yep. I said it. To me, showers are the devil. A necessary evil, granted. But one I wish I could avoid.

I know most people probably love them. And what's not to love, I guess. In fact, I used to be OBSESSED with showers when I was younger. I grew up in a house that only had a bath and I used to BEG for my parents to install a shower. (They waited until after I moved out for that to happen.) If I went on holiday and the place I stayed had a shower, I would go absolutely NUTS with joy. In one hotel I even went as far as to shower four times in one day. Yes, FOUR times. That's how much I used to love showers. I mean, how dirty can one person get???

Now I've regularly had use of one for a good ten years or so, I hate them. They're just not relaxing.

I mean, you are standing up the whole time. I can go and stand anywhere. And not have to dry myself afterwards.

It's just so bloody BORING, the whole process of showering. It is mind-numbing. I so prefer having a bath. I can relax and read in the bath. It's a lovely relaxing ritual.

I have very occasionally taken a book into the shower with me, just to make the process a bit more interesting. Especially when hair-dyeing, as it takes so bloody long to get the dye out of one's hair. The book always gets wet unsurprisingly. Have they made a waterproof Kindle yet??? :-/

I would like to point out here that I do shower. I don't avoid them just because I hate them. Like I said, they are still necessary, even with the way I feel about them. But don't expect me to enjoy it.

Stupid showers. :-(


How do you feel about showers? More of a bath person?

3 comments:

Arielle said...

I hate showers. I mean I love getting clean and I love a hot shower on a cold day kind of thing, but I almost never feel like taking one and it's always hard for me to motivate myself to get in there. And if I'm not particularly dirty or sweaty on a given day, I totally skip. Because whatever.

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

I've been known to lay down in the shower. I love taking them but drying my hair is my least favorite part of getting ready.

GirlX said...

If I could, I would exclusively take baths. I find them extremely relaxing.