Friday, 30 August 2013

THE REASONS . . .

I was looking through my draft folder on this here blog, and I came across a post which I composed in the middle of 1999. About F. I never actually published it at the time, I think because I have always personally found that the second I tell people I'm happy or that something is great, it's almost destined to fall apart. A sort of pride-comes-before-a-fall type thing, y'know?

So I never posted it. It fell apart anyway, which sort of ruins one side of my theory, but hey-ho. I saw it, and it made me smile and you know what? It might be four years old, it might be about a newly-engaged guy from my past who I now, once again, only have contact with via Facebook, BUT? It actually is pretty much my "perfect guy" list . . .


THE REASONS . . .

. . . why I like this guy?

1. He's cute.
2. He cracks me up.
3. He doesn't seem to mind my tendency of blurting out the first thing that comes into my head.
4. He knows I like to fish for compliments but he'll give me them anyway, just to humour me. (And sometimes cos I deserve it, of course!)
5. He asks me what I want for breakfast and then goes out and buys stuff and makes it for me!
6. When I picked up one bottle of rose in Asda the other night, he laughed and asked was I sure I didn't want TWO bottles?

Number six is obviously the best part . . .

So yeah, I'd like those six traits in the next guy I meet . . . without the silly ending I ultimately had with F.

Is that too much to ask???

No comments:

Post a Comment

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)