Sunday, 21 July 2013

I'M BACK . . .

I now have full blown internet. Which makes me happier than happy.

So normal service will resume very shortly.

In other news, I STILL haven't got my flat fully sorted and it's been three weeks tonight since I moved in. But I will.

The weather has been ace. I've done some more stupid drunken things but I'm not beating myself up over it for a change. And I'm just . . .  content in general. It is amazing how much difference having your own space makes, it really is. I know some people who don't like to be alone, and would probably hate it, but I find it incredible.

So now . . . what to do? I want to make this new place more my own. I've already made a start on adding little things to make it more "me" but the lovely weather this past fortnight has distracted me. My friends have bought me some lovely flatwarming presents, my parents bought me a bookcase (although it looks like I'll need another one as I have far too many books!), my granda has given me some money which I'm going to use to get a couple of completely necessary things for my flat (a flamingo shower curtain MAY be top of that list!)

I still need to get my electricity and gas sorted. Oops. That's tomorrow's task.

I've  started TRYING to get my exercise back on track. I'm planning to freeze my gym membership for now and am planning to have my living room double up as my own personal "fitness studio" so there's been a couple of kettlebell/abs workouts. The lovely weather has also made THAT hard as I end up sweating within five seconds of working out, but I'm sure that won't last long!

And my food too... I feel a bit healthier already with that. I haven't been GREAT with it so far but having space and time to cook has made ALL OF THE DIFFERENCE. I feel more relaxed, and have generally been eating a bit better. Let's make that continue.

Anyway, let's quit with the uplifting happy shit cos that is SOOO not me. I'm going to go drink some cava now. And next time I tweet, I will hide the happy crap and the ranting will resume. Cos I DO have things I want to rant about too. Like weather. And tv programmes. And just general stuff that pops into my head.

AND I will definitely get pics up once I have the flat sorted the way I want it. Promise. Pinky swear. All that shit.

So what's everyone else been up to???


2 comments:

  1. Having your own place is the best! Glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I wasn't sure I'd like living alone - but I LOVE it! I can't even imagine living in with someone else now. It would be so hard! I love my space and being able to do what I want with it. Or not doing anything at all with it! lol

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)