Saturday, 27 July 2013

****



So Ferry Guy now has a girlfriend.

He decided to tell me this on Thursday night during a fairly innocent direct message conversation we were holding via Twitter. It was a total throwaway comment in the middle of the conversation - "did I mention I have a gf now?" I wasn't sure how I was supposed to react. We were both drunk though so I ended up saying stuff that didn't make much sense, and he didn't understand what I was TRYING to say. But anyway.

I'm not going to lie. I'm a teeny wee bit bitter, and I can't help feeling that way.

I knew we were never going to be in a relationship. He's too young and far away. But I think I liked the fact that he didn't want to be in ANY relationship. Because it made me feel like I wasn't the problem; that HE was.

And now he has CHOSEN to have a girlfriend, despite professing not to want one... and that it's not ME??? That's really fucked me off.

On top of that, I quite liked the situation the way it was. Me being single, being able to snog randoms if I wanted to . . . and then have him appear every few months for some fun, and then vanish again. That was completely possible when he was single, and I liked the unpredictability of not quite knowing when he was going to appear in my life again, but knowing that he still would.

And now he has a girlfriend... Well, that obviously can't happen anymore. And so it seems that I no longer have my occasional sort-of-fuck-buddy.

And THAT is fucking annoying.

1 comment:

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)