Saturday, 11 May 2013

RUN, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! (A.K.A THE TREADMILL PLAYLIST . . .)

I've been investigating those albums that are allegedly made for runners. (Or in my case, going om the treadmill.) You know, like "Now . . . That's What I Call Running" and all of that bullcrap? Mainly this is because I suck at making a playlist on my Sony Walkman mp3 player. I have DONE it before but I can never remember HOW so it becomes a total pain trying to edit it.

But you know something? Running albums SUCK. I've had a browsing through the track listings and for every one I think "yup!" there's about five I think "hell no." This is not a good ratio.

So, for you, I share my favourite treadmill songs.

Crushcrushcrushcrush by Paramore
Radio Song by Superbus
Anna Molly by Incubus
Starry Eyed by Ellie Goulding
Work by Ciara feat Missy Elliot
Untouched by The Veronicas
Ex Girlfriend by No Doubt
Hash Pipe by Weezer
Song 2 by Blur
Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park

You're welcome! ;-)

Speaking of songs, this is my current favourite song (probably not for the treadmill though). I love the line "everything you exhale is attracting flies" (geddit???). And the video is so clever, with a modern fucked-up twist on fairytales . . .




What's your favourite treadmill/running song?

2 comments:

  1. That is quite the playlist. I haven't heard Song 2 in like a decade.

    I am a big Nicki Minaj and Lady Gaga fan when it comes to running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I know what you mean, so many of these exercise based albums are awful... right up there with those "cleaning the house soundtracks" you can buy. Love your tracklist though x

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)