Tuesday, 21 May 2013

QUIRKS . . .

I like to think I'm quite a quirky person. I certainly have a lot of quirks. Recently I saw a few bloggers posting about their quirks and I thought this is something I might like to have a go at myself. So what quirks make me "me"???

  • Sometimes, if someone gets in my way in the street and I'm in a particularly bad mood that day, i will growl at them. Not throw them a dirty look as you might think if you know that definition of the word "growl". I will actually make a little growling noise, like I'm an animal.

  • I always need my "Paula- -time". If I can't have at least one night where I don't have to see anyone or talk to anyone a week, then I feel myself getting crazy.I occasionally lie about having other plans when someone asks me to do something purely because of this whole needing my own time thing. Sometimes I have to lie to a few people. I don't ever feel bad about it. (That's a lie. I very occasionally feel bad about it.)

  • Unless I reply to a text message the minute i receive it, I often forget to reply for days! Which is ridiculous as I am CONSTANTLY on my phone looking at twitter, facebook etc.

  • Speaking of Facebook and Twitter, if I wake up in the middle of the night, I WILL check them to see what I'm missing.

  • If I'm going on a train journey, I need to get on the first possible stop I can get on at as I hate getting on busy trains. This means occasionally I will walk BACK to the previous station and have to get a later train when I could have got on at the busier station and made the earlier one.

  • I hate having to phone strangers. I have to psych myself up to do it beforehand. (One of the many reasons why I am really hoping that my ex's flat works out and I don't have to flathunt) I don't even like phoning my friends or family, so why would I want to talk to a stranger???

What are your quirks? Do you share any of mine?

8 comments:

  1. haha the growling really made me laugh! I'd be scared!
    I too am useless at replying to texts if I don't do it straight away. I'm quite well known for never replying :-/ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need 'down' time, also, when I don't have to play nice with others. I also hate the phone and would always let it go to voicemail/never initiate a call if I could get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could get time to myself nowadays, but it very rarely happens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, I tut loudly at people who get in my way if im having a bad day haha! we all do it, people can be annoying! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... ok seriously now, I think we are the same person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too need my 'me me me' time :-)
    I am a bit OCD about washing my hands before I eat and after being on trains etc

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, I do ALL of those too! Except the Twitter/FB in the middle of the night thing. I only do that sometimes. Read 50% of the times I wake up in the middle of the night... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I just say 'ditto' to all of this?!

    I struggle with communications in particular. You're better off messaging the other half - he'll text back on my behalf. If I read your message but can't reply immediately for some reason, don't hold your breath - you probably won't get a reply...

    Also, phoning strangers? Panic-inducing! If I need to discuss issues with my billing with a company, I'm fine phoning the customer service & unleashing hell. But if I need to do something new (like booking a car service), or talk to someone new? I need to have a whole speech figured out. Thank god we've got a random network messenger-thing at work. No need for all this awkwardness!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)