Monday, 7 January 2013

AND IN OTHER NEWS . . .

 . . . I am going to London next weekend!!!

This is exciting because:

1. I have only ever been to London for work.
2. It was a very last minute plan where we only booked flights on Thursday and accommodation yesterday.
3. I'm going with my fab sister.

Not so exciting because:

1. I am absolutely skint.

That's a bit of a pain but fuck it, I get paid on the 14th so hopefully I can still enjoy myself and just worry about the money afterwards.

Anyhoo . . . what should I be doing when I'm down there? I'm staying in the Camden/Euston/Kings Cross area. My sister has done Madam Tussauds and the London Eye so don't really want to drag her to do that again. What pubs/restaurants should we be going to? Recommendations would be greatly apreciated as when I'm down with work I tend to just go along with whatever my colleagues want to do at night. Plus when I was down in December I was stuck out at the ExCel centre and my only two adventures were to Oxford Street and to the Westfield at Stratford. So would be nice to get out and about a wee bit more.

Ideas??? (Thanks in advance!)

2 comments:

  1. OK, places to eat: MEATliquor, Bodean's, Red Dog Saloon and Pitt Cue for American/BBQ places.

    Lots of nice places to eat on Charlotte Street, too (just off Oxford Street).

    Lots of nice bars on the Thames by City Hall (London Bridge tube, cross the road and cut through to the riverfront). Camden Lock is nice drinks-wise, as is Highbury and Islington.

    The British Music Experience at The O2 is good tourist-wise. I'm a fan of the Zoo! You can also get 2 for 1 on tickets here: http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/2for1-london All you need is your tube travelcard and the voucher printed out from the website, I think, but I'd check the website! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in London! I've never been out of the states, so consider yourself lucky and drink all the drinks for me!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)