Saturday, 21 July 2012

MAKING IT TO THE TOP OF THE POLE . . .

So, as you may or may not know about me, I go to pole fitness once a week. That's been nearly a year now. Which is pretty amazing.

I was rubbish at first - I documented my first attempt at it on ths here blog. I didn't really feel like I was improving at all for ages!And then it eventually started to come together. And I did get better. But since about Christmas, I've just felt like I wasn't getting anywhere. I've been stuck on pretty much the same moves since then, and just not felt like i'm progressing.... even though there is still the odd move I can do that is more advanced than the ones I am on. Which is weird. I also still can't do the very first move I was taught, which is super weird.

Anyway, there are two methods of climbing a pole. One is you sit on the pole and hoist yourself up basically by your arms. Or you can do the step and climb technique, which is more about using your feet and legs.

I can do neither.

But I realised that if I pushed myself off using the step and climb technique and then "improvised" (ie cheated) I could make it a good start up the pole. That was a few weeks ago.

On Wednesday night, I finally used this improvised technique to get to the top of the pole.

LOOK!!!!!

 



Once I got up there I kind of got stuck there - it was surprisingly hard to slide back down! But I made it eventually!

At some point in the future, you may find me up at the top of the pole upside down. Yeah, I don't see that happening anytime soon though!

But I thought I would share this minor achievement all the same!

Go me....

10 comments:

  1. Well done chick! Pole dancing is incredibly hard going; I can just about do a basic fireman twirl around the pole, so getting up that pole is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your progress! climbing is hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Sounds hard--as in challenging but also as in ouch, I bruise easy.

    Good for you, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome that you've stuck at it for so long :) I usually just go through phases and eventually give up!
    Pole fitness is so much harder than it first seems!! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. UM WOW!!! You're making me really want to do this... Congrats love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! That looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats hon, maybe i really should be giving this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Well done for getting up that pole! And also, well done for sticking to it for so long! Very impressive! Each time you blog about it you make me want to go find my own pole fitness class :) I've even told friends I was thinking of doing it. Got some extremely odd looks ;) But I'm going to ask google whether there are any near me, right now :D

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)