Saturday, 9 June 2012

PART 1 . . .

So it's been nearly a month since Belfast. It was fun - well, despite Mich being sick as a dog for a day of it. There was, as predicted, drinking, guitar hero, eating, zoo-visiting and . . . unexpectedly for me, a bit of a holiday fliing!

I haven't really mentioned it before as technically it was still ongoing, even after the return to Scottish soil. I don't really like talking about these things while they're still happening - it's a bit of a jinx as far as I'm concerned. But it seems to have skidded to a halt now (it was one of those ones where it was probably never going to be that practical anyway and i couldn't really see it lasting - it was more just a matter of just HOW finite it was going to be) so now I feel I can share it. I kinda want to, because it's a nice story. And, like I've alluded to previously, it's a story that's completely unlike me!


It started on the ferry to Belfast. He was sitting at the table next to us and asked us if we would watch his stuff so he could go outside for a fag. I agreed immediately (I think I was doing my make up or something and a bit preoccupied), cheeky Mich asked what it was worth. He took my answer (can't really blame him, lol.) After he went away, I wondered aloud if it was just me or was he quite cute. Scruffy, granted, bit more facial hair than I normally go for, but definitely cute.

But I didn't think too much about it. I don't chat up random guys. That's why I tend to end up with colleagues, ffs. Safer. Easier to get to know without pressure etc, fall for them gradually and all that. I literally cannot remember the last time I saw a complete stranger and instantly took a like to them. Somehow this was different. I realised this around the point that Mich decided we were going to play hangman and drew the weirdest gallows ever. Like hers were waaaayyyyy too realistic - she'd clearly put a lot of thought in - like how the hangman was going to get UP to the hanging part. Steps? A stool? Morbid, much? (Sorry Mich!)  After a brief argument about this, she decided to ask the guy at the next table for an opinion. When she turned back to me, he caught my eye and - I dunno - there was just SOMETHING there. Sounds mad, I know, just some sort of spark or something. But once again, I did kinda brush it off. Like you would ever start chatting someone up on a ferry, I thought. Like I would ever start chatting up someone on a ferry, in fact! Like I would ever chat anyone up deliberately, in general! I'm purely an accidental flirter.

And then . . . probably about 10/15 mins before we docked, while Mich was away using the wee girl's room . . . the cute guy sneezed.

Now . . . every time someone around me sneezes, friends, colleagues, whatever, I say "bless you" on autopilot. I have occasionally done this with strangers. Most of the time I rein myself in. But this time it came out on autopilot.

And, by the time Mich came back, I was sitting at his table . . .



TO BE CONTINUED . . .

4 comments:

  1. Oh, come on, P.. Cliffhanger? Not cool :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh can't wait for part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to part 2 :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on P....on the edge of my seat here....xx

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)