Sunday, 24 June 2012

THE *NAIL* ON SUNDAY . . . ISSUE 4!!!


I'm gonna keep this brief today as I have spent a long day traipsing around Edinburgh without much to show for it (seems silly to go to E-town when Glasgow is up there in the best shopping cities in the 'Kingdom, but sometimes us faux-Weegies need a change of scenery) apart from some stuff from Primark and a bottle of wine . . . the upshot is I can't be bothered spending ages uploading photos - why does it take so long??? But I haven't brought out an "issue" of The *Nail* On Sunday since before I went to Belfast so I figured I needed to at least make a half hearted attempt at one.

This look came about mainly because I had a yellow Barry M nail polish that I always really wanted to use but it just does not suit my skintone AT ALL. I figured, if I wanted to use it, I would have to use it as part of a pattern to tone the scariness down a notch. I figure this attempt worked . . . and it is a pretty pastel look for summer. Oh, and it's mega easy. I don't even really feel like it needs instructions!

But it uses two colours . . . Barry M's Lemon Ice Cream and Barry M's Blueberry Ice Cream (I may have mentioned before that this colour is my very favourite of nail colours). I just put on a coat or two of each on alternate nails, then dabbed on the other colour dot-style, finishing with a layer of clear nail polish once dry. As that annoying meer-kat would say "simples!"

I would like to apologise in advance for the fact that the nails are a bit messy around the edges. I did this look a few months ago now and I was possibly drunk when I did it. (Is anyone REALLY surprised about that "revelation"???)


Next time I'll try for something a bit more elaborate. I promise! In the meantime, can anyone point me in the direction of some easy but pretty nail tutorials?? I need some nail-spiration!

4 comments:

  1. ooh I love those nails! :) seems easy to do too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Birchbox blog has some nice, 'simples' ones.. http://blog.birchbox.com/post/25857128237/scrapbook-scissor-nails-mani-monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. polka dotty nails are so cute - I have to try 'em myself! xo

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)