Friday, 30 March 2012

"SWEETIE" STUFF . . .

I was reunited with two of my favourite possessions earlier this week.



My sweetie bracelet and sweetie watch from Links of London! These are probably my most pricey possessions too, as I don't tend to wear expensive jewellery.

Anyway, they had both broken recently (well, actually the bracelet broke over a year ago) and I had kept putting off taking them back to the shop to be re-strung but I finally bit the bullet last week, and it's great to have them back as they both mean a lot to me.


I bought the sweetie bracelet to cheer myself up four years ago when I was feeling uber-shit. It lasted pretty well until just after new year last year when I was about to have a very awkward chat with a boy. He had to help me pick all the individual parts off the floor.

I love the charms. I bought the pink heart myself when I bought the bracelet. Mich bought me a little shamrock for Christmas one year. And my friend V bought me the "Lucky Knickers" charm for my 30th a few years back.


The watch, on the other hand, was not paid for by me (at £350 I would NOT be able to afford that myself in a hurry) but was a 30th birthday present from my brother and sister. I love it because it looks a bit unusual, and because, of course, it's a gift from people I love.

I can't help but wonder if getting my "lucky knickers" back will give me any luck in my love life though... ;-)


What are YOUR favourite items of jewellery?

5 comments:

  1. I love that charm bracelet!

    I have three favorite pieces of jewelry. One is a ring I purchased for myself on Valentine's Day. I knew that I wouldn't be getting a gift since I didn't have a bf at the time so I bought my own.

    One is a cross necklace that I get complimented on all the time when I wear it. It looks like it's covered in diamonds but it's not.

    And finally, I bought a key necklace for myself over the summer. It's a reminder to myself that I'm the key to my success. A coworker insulted me about it but I don't care, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY want that charm bracelet! i keep meaning to get one but never get round to doing it... ach damn it! I only love my cross diamond necklace that I got for my 18th...!
    Le Material Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I love that bracelet, it's so pretty!

    One of my favourite items of jewellery would have to be a necklace that a very dear friend of mine gave me for my birthday last year. It's like a good luck charm of sorts and it has such special meaning to me because of what was happening during that time in my life.

    Another one is one of my oh-so-sparkly and blingy rings - love it for no other reason than its appearance :D

    Earrings from my grandmother are also very close to my heart, as is one of my favourite watches I got from my parents.

    Too many to list :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, it has to be my Pilgrim Jewellery - I don't 'do' expensive jewellery!

    P, do me a favour please. Can you see if you can access my Blog? Not sure how my privacy settings are these days. Cheers x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite (and most expensive) piece of jewellery is a heart-shaped Tiffany's necklace that I LOVE. I got it for my 21st from my parents when I was in New York a couple of years ago so it reminds me of the trip (and I had an amazing time) and of my family so I really treasure it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)