Thursday, 22 March 2012

HOW TO ANNOY ME ON THE SUBWAY . . .

    It's been waaayyy too long since I've did a sarcastic "how to/how not to" guide. So let's resurrect that old thing . . .

    Sit on me.
    Oooh yes. I love that. Personal space? I have no idea what that concept is, so you go right ahead and invade it . . .  Never mind that it's a near empty train, you just choose to park your arse virtually on top of mine for no apparent reason. Like I said, I love it. Seriously.


    Play your music too loudly.
    Just because you're wearing headphones doesn't mean the sound is completely blocked out from everyone else, especially if you're playing your music at a volume which suggests you have been completely deafened (probably by the volume of your own music . . .) Handy hint: if we are wearing earphones too and can STILL hear your music, then it's probably a TAD too loud. Just sayin'.


    Excessive PDAs with your other half.
    Really? You want to get off on the subway? Then please . . . actually get off. At the next stop. And don't come back. We all hate you. (Speaks the bitter singleton.)


    Leave your litter on the train.
    I personally really enjoy sitting on a train surrounded by empty Buckfast bottles and half eaten McDonalds food. Honestly.


    Have loud conversations with your friends that no one else wants to hear.
    I'm not impartial to a bit of eavesdropping but if you're going to talk loudly about your life, could you at LEAST make it a little bit interesting?



    What/who annoys you on the subway? Or public transport in general...?

7 comments:

  1. I actually don't take public transport because of all those things you mention. Well, that and the fact that I live in an easy car friendly city. But mostly because of all the things you mention ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha love this post! All of the above really annoy me. I also hate people who choose to stand on the bus despite there being loads of seats, as a result I have to squeeze past them to sit down. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have a subway here but we do have a trolley on campus and I can identify with all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean by people playing their music too loudly!

    I also don't like it when I'm on the train and people start smoking. If they want to do that they should get off, I don't want to be sitting in a smoky carriage!

    I also don't like it on the bus when old people start talking to me. I generally like old people. But on the bus I want to sit there quietly and listen to my music. I don't want to talk about the weather and how busy Tesco was.

    I could list so many complaints!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so thankful I don't have to take public transportation. I would be annoyed all the time. This may be because it's never been available to me. I did however enjoy the public transportation in Ireland when we were there last year. It was so much nicer that what is available in the States.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Recently I sat near a guy who was talking about how he paid £4.5k a month in child maintenance to his ex-wife for their daughter. He was going on and on about how he was paying for his daughter to go to private school and how little he had left to live off, how much of a bitch his ex-wife was, how expensive their lawyer was and I was just thinking, 'SHUT UP YOU ARROGANT MAN! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LIFE WHEN I'M MINDING MY OWN BUSINESS ON THE TRAIN!' What was worse was that he was chatting to some other guy (who he had clearly never met) who was egging him on and telling him to get a better lawyer etc. Argh.

    Sorry. Rant over.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHA!!! I could go on and on and on!!!

    Stinky people! Seriously... Summer months in Australia are a nightmare during the peak hour :(

    Phone conversations that are too personal and those in other languages (I can understand 3 more apart from English, so if it wasn't for my mp3 player, I don't know what I'd do).

    People living rubbish behind, people not getting up for elderly, pregnant ladies, people in casts etc.

    Some just have no manners whatsoever!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)