Tuesday, 6 March 2012

"BORN TO DIE" . . .



My favourite album at the moment has to be "Born To Die" by Lana del Rey.



Lana seems to have courted rather a lot of controversy, from the fact that she apparently wasn't the new girl on the block she pretended to be, to her big bloated lips, but I happen to think she's a really talented singer-songwriter. I bought her album in mp3 format on a whim about a week ago and this weekend I decided to give it a whirl while I was in work doing overtime. It's a great album. I love her vocals, the haunting melodies, even her shitty attempts at rapping (well, I THINK that was what she was trying to do!).

"Video Games" is an absolute classic as far as I'm concerned, but there's so many other good tracks on there too. I can definitely see myself listening to this album for a long time to come, and I look forward to seeing what else she can come out with next.

Are you a lover or hater of Lana? What's your favourite album at the moment? Please share in the comments section... ;-)

  

4 comments:

  1. I have never heard of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her name rings a bell. Perhaps I should check her out. I dont have any albums I'm listening to right now. It's just the radio. I'm a bit boring I guess. Might be time to make a purchase ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the controversy of her Saturday Night Live performance not too long ago. She must've had an off night or something. Everyone talked about how bad it was. Not so much the music but her performance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the love Lana category, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)