Saturday, 11 February 2012

WAITING . . .

One of the things I REALLY hate is having to wait around my flat for deliveries. There are a few reasons for this:

1) It means I need to get up early on a day off so I can be sure not to sleep through the buzzer.

2) It means I have to sit in virtual silence until said delivery SHOWS up as my room is at the back of a pretty big flat and if I am watching tv or listening to music, there's a fairly large chance I won't HEAR the buzzer

3) I feel like I can't relax until the delivery has happened. Which sucks when it's a weekend or I'm on annual leave - ie MY RELAX-TIME!!!

4) I'm really quite an impatient little bugger.


It's not so bad if it's, say, an Asda delivery as you book a two hour slot for those and so you have a VAGUE idea of what time it's going to show up (although I've had occasions when it's turned up before or after said slot) - at least you have a vague idea of the time parameters, can go outside if necessary and if it HASN'T turned up within the said time, at least you know it's not turned up and can complain if you want. Or a Dominos delivery, because it's not far from me, and if I book it I know it's going to turn up within half an hour.

But these all day delivery slots??? They do my head in!

I was arranging for something to be COLLECTED on Thursday. I had the day off work and a RIDICULOUS time slot of anytime between 8am and 8pm.

The courier did not show up.

To say I was beyond livid is a definite understatement.

I emailed the company to complain on Thursday night once it had reached 9pm and all my hopes were gone. I got a reply back yesterday to say they were sorry about this, if I wanted they could arrange a pick up with either a morning or afternoon delivery slot but they couldn't pick up on weekends. They also stated that it would be a different courier service so they couldn't guarantee it would be reliable.

I hate to state the obvious or irony here but their so called reliable service screwed me over, so that's kind of a moot point surely.

Anyhoo, I was out last night, crawled into bed at 2am and slept til after midday. When I got up, the courier company had put a card through my door TODAY saying they'd attempted to collect from me and i hadn't been in.

Now, this is highly possible - I was sleeping like the dead after all. But my collection day was THURSDAY. I had not instructed the company to rearrange a collection for Saturday. If I HAD, I would have been awake and listening out.

I am now even angrier.

Especially since this collection had the potential to make me nearly ninety quid. I'm not even sure if I want to use the company anymore but if I don't then it's a lot of wasted time. (I was trying to sell some unwanted dvds and cds in bulk and spent ages typing barcodes into the website, checking everything was there and making sure I managed to get it all packed into two boxes). I just wish delivery companies could bloody well be more reliable!!!


Have YOU had any bad experiences with courier companies?

2 comments:

  1. I really like your new background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way when waiting for deliveries. I've just started ordering my groceries online and the timeslots are fairly specific but I just hate not knowing precisely when to be completely dressed and not in the middle of changing/feeding the baby or sitting on the toilet or something!!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)