So the first thing I thought I might do (have I contradicted myself there?) is take up a new class. Or possibly two!
Obviously last year I took up pole fitness, which I was a bit apprehensive about, but I now am loving - even though I'm still pretty rubbish at it. This year I like the idea of taking up some other kind of exercise that is challenging and a bit different from your run of the mill exercise on top of that . . . but I'm also thinking about night classes.
So here's some ideas I've been toying with:
- Martial arts classes of some description - I did Judo for a few months when I was young and didn't mind it, and it's meant to be a great workout. Actually, one of my old flatmates invited me to join a class she is taking part in, but it is on a Friday night, which is a pain.
- Ballet - another class I did as a kid and never kept up. It could have possibilities!
- Aerial yoga - or even just yoga/pilates in general. Or circus skills. I did circus skills when I was young too, but it was just juggling, spinning plates, etc. This is like trapeze stuff! I mean - TRAPEZE!!! Unfortunately, this may be a little bit out of my price range.
- Vintage accessory making - Yes, I actually found a course for this at one of the local colleges - it sounds so much fun, and something I would really enjoy. But, although it says it's for any level, I can't even do basic stuff like, y'know, THREAD A NEEDLE! So I'm not sure if even beginner level would be too much for me,
- Jewellery making - this is probably the one that appeals to me most just now. And I'm pretty sure I could get a grant to cover the cost of it. I'm trying to talk Mich into it too so we can start a crazy jewellery business at the end of it!
- Spanish - I quite fancy learning another language but it's one thing I've never had a talent for. I would LIKE to try this but I think I would prefer something more FUN to start with.
- Cupcake making - I like to eat cupcakes, so I think I would be onto a winner there.
- Nails - it would be kinda cool to be able to do acrylics, or nail art or something like that.
So I'm looking into this stuff and researching it and I AM going to do something, not just think about doing it, for a change!!!
If money - or time! - was no object, what sort of class would YOU like to do?