Thursday, 9 February 2012

KISS AND TELL . . .

So Cheryl Cole is currently furious that MC Harvey is claiming that he and her "got close" a year or two ago. She is claiming it didn't happen, even taking to Twitter to defend herself and claim that she has barely even met the dude. He is insisting it did, and implying that he has some sordid emails or texts that can prove it - not that he is going to show them of course, because he is better than that. Oh wait . . . apparently he's given them to a magazine now. Surely not, Harvey? I thought better of you *rolls eyes disparagingly*


Who's right? I'll be fucked if I know. Both of them have done fairly crappy things in their time, Cole in her little "racist" altercation with a bathroom attendant years ago and Harvey, more recently, cheating on his wife Alesha Dixon with Javine Hilton. Neither of them are angels. Either of them could be telling the truth - or lying.


To me though, this isn't the issue. If they wanted to have some sort of secret affair, then fair enough. I believe both of them were single at the time and, although Cheryl is friends with Harvey's ex wife, I guess that had been over for a long time and so he could be considered fair game. (I don't necessarily agree with this point, having found out recently that someone I thought was a friend had went on a date with my ex when our relationship was barely cold - but I'm playing devil's advocate here so I'm going to let this point go.)


It's Harvey who appalls me here. It's the fact that, over a year after this allegedly happens, he suddenly decides to announce it. I don't care if it is true or not - I just want to know why he feels he needs to do this. Why, ages after the fact, would he suddenly want to broadcast this? To me, it just smacks of cheap publicity. He's a washed-up has-been who was never really all that famous anyway (I bet when I put Cheryl Cole and MC Harvey's names at the start of this post, more of you would have wondered who Harvey was than who Cole was, which proves my point.)


There's the fact that one of Harvey's tweets to Cole apparently said "And let's get this straight @cherylcole I don't need no hype of you! I'd rather go broke and work in sainsburys than talk about your personal s**t." Um . . . are you SHITTING me, dude? You started this whole thing by talking about her personal shit. #shitstirrer


Now, while writing this post, I have found an article in which Harvey has now backtracked and claimed their relationship was all just text/email communication, they didn't go out, that the "secret relationship" angle was fabricated, and not by him. So why then, when Cole took to twitter to dispel the rumours, did he then not try to clear his name at the time? Why add fuel to the fire??? Oh wait, because it gave HIM more publicity. People know who he is now - and, for once it's not because he got caught cheating on his wife. SCORE, Harvey! You're now going to be forever known as the guy who lied about shagging Cheryl Cole and then blamed it on someone else. That's soooo much better.


So who do you think is telling the truth here? And, true or not, do you think it's right that so-called "celebrities" drag skeletons out of the closet to get more media attention? I'd love to hear your opinion! :-)

2 comments:

  1. i hate celebs who make up stories just to get a wee promotion for themselves when NOBODY really cares! I mean newspapers do stories on Tulisa wearing a new skirt. WHAT'S THE POINT?!?!

    I'm starting to dislike Cheryl now. Shame, I used to love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't know what an MC Harvey is.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)