Saturday, 28 January 2012

PROUD . . .

I don't know if I've mentioned this before but one of the many things I am utterly rubbish at are job interviews. Even if i know the answer I get all stuttery and start talking nonsense and apparently forget every word in my vocabulary, if what actually ends up coming out of my mouth is anything to go by.

So I try to avoid putting myself in these situations.

It stands to reason then that I hadn't applied for a job in five years. Why risk the humiliation???

But this week I applied for a job slightly senior to my own. I had the interview yesterday. As far as I was concerned, the usual babble started exiting my lips, just as always. The only word I remember using that I was particularly proud of was "superfluous", although I couldn't tell you if I'd even used it in the right context because it was all a bit of a blur.

The upshot though? I got the job. It's just a temporary promotion, but hey, I did it all the same!

Hope you'll all have a drink for me tonight to celebrate on my behalf. ;-)

12 comments:

  1. I hate interviews!! But well dont and Congrats!! :)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, love - way to go! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you!!!

    I don't tend to do very well in job interviews either. Which might explain why I couldn't get a job for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, P.. So glad for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I know what you mean. I am terrible at job interviews. I stayed with my last job for five years even though I hated the place just because I didn't want to interview anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's fabulous! Congratulations and hope you kick butt at the new job!!

    -L

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that calls for a tequila Tuesday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! That's really great news :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I'm really rubbish at job interviews too, so I'm very impressed that you went for it! Go you! :)

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)