Sunday, 30 October 2011

TIMING IS EVERYTHING . . .

They say that when one door closes, another opens, don't they. And that's usually the case, I've came to find.

Sometimes, however, you're just not quite ready for the door to be opened yet.

Then again, maybe you weren't necessarily wanting the first door to be closed in the first place, it was just slammed in your face.

So you can end up dithering over whether to open the next door, or whether to just stay in the corridor for a bit.

And sometimes, you think about trying the next door, but it just seems . . . not quite the right time to open it yet.

The problem is, by the time you decide it is ready to be opened, you could find yourself locked out.

Timing really IS everything, isn't it? I wish everything could just operate on MY timeline - selfish I know, but in an ideal world . . .

Just something I've been using my extra hour today (the clocks went back) to consider.


Would YOU open the next door even if you weren't sure you were ready?

9 comments:

  1. I don't think I have a clue what you're on about but assuming I kind of get it...
    I'm the kind of person who has to open the next door and just can't resist - for better or worse.

    Hope your pondering helps you find some answers you're looking for :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! Long time no talk. Yes I've been on hiatus for a long time. Been missing blogging lately so I resurface, hopefully back to sticking around. :)

    Btw on this post, is something bothering you?:(

    I think when we may not be ready for something but deep inside we know it's good for us and we know for sure we will regret it if we dont open it, better open that next door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been here just recently. I was waiting on this person for a while (even though he was in a relationship); he'd told me on many occasions how much he liked me and how amazing I was, but left me hanging every time.

    At around the same time, a guy at work had asked me out again and again until I said okay. It was the best decision (for me), because it made me realise there's more than one person out there. It was a great distraction, even if he wasn't a knicker-melter. It took my mind away from the 'what ifs'.

    (*Just using boys as an example!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya! I feel like other people ave everything figured out and the timing and everything is always perfect for them. For me... I can never have anything timed right. I just want things to happen.... On my terms

    -L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, this really hits home for me! Waiting is never easy and sometimes knowing when to go and not wait is harder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laundramatic said it perfectly! It does seem like others always have things figured out and everything always falls right into place for them.

    And yet, I'm always a step behind and struggling to catch up. Things rarely seem to match up the way I want them to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your analogy - and you know what? I think maybe i would open that door.
    Do you remembr reading my blog when i was the sad, depressed, lonely girl? Well my new years resolution 2008 was to start saying " yes " more often, even when i was a bit scared. Or - to start opening those doors, even if i wasnt sure of what would be on the other side. And, as i think you know, that whole shift in attitude worked for me. Maybe it will for you too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah cryptic blog posts. Love em :) Timings have to work out eventually... right??

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)