Friday, 21 October 2011

PORTUGAL IN PICTURES . . .

Now I'm over the post-holiday blues, I thought it was time to post some pictures of my recent birthday-holiday to Portugal . . .

Me with the marina behind me on my birthday. It was a longer walk than I expected it to be. I got a little bit sunburnt just from the walk!

The Old Town in Albufeira. Isn't it slightly ironic that you get down to the Old Town by way of an escalator? Sort of an oxymoron really...

We went on a cruise of the coast of the Algarve. This is some of the coastline, viewed from the wild waves of the Atlantic!
The roundabouts in Albufeira had some pretty cool sculptures on them. This was one of the coolest. I wish I'd taken pictures of more of the roundabouts. It is such a cool idea to make them look good, roundabouts are so functional otherwise...

The pool around the back of my hotel. I never went into the water, but it was fun to lie beside it with my many books.
The rock formations in Portugal caused by erosion are pretty phenomenal. Here is a particularly phallic-shaped one on a beach that I couldn't resist sending to my equally-dirty-minded friend...

Me with the Old Town behind me.


That was the first time I'd ever been to Portugal and I loved it. I would definitely recommend it.


What's your favourite sunshine destination?

4 comments:

  1. You look like you're enjoying yourself there :) smiling is good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so envious! It's been so long since I've been anywhere on vacation that I'd pretty much go anywhere.

    Portugal is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics...I'd love to go to the Algarve... I've been to Lisbon for a conference, but a sunshine holiday would be lovely!

    I enjoyed Tuscany and the Amalfi Coast of Italy. Best place ever for a hot holiday was The Maldives.... pure paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glastonbury in May was nice. Sunny, but not unbearably warm. Rained as we were leaving.

    Tennessee in October was also nice - bit like our Spring/Summer, without the need to reapply SPF50 every 2 hours.

    Maybe I'd be happier if I went on more sunny holidays lol

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)