Wednesday, 26 October 2011

POLE TO POLE . . .

I'm getting better!!!! I am!!!!

I keep ending up with bruises, and as of last week managed to get some sort of friction burn on the skin on the inside of my right wrist . . . but I have almost mastered this new block of moves. I say "almost" - I mean "sort of". I say "mastered" I mean "I can execute them, but without much finesse or style". There's one move that is still outwith my grasp, but I'm getting there.

My friend who I started with went onto the next four moves today (I still have another week of these current moves to go) and I'm a bit scared about some of those. She's doing well, but she has done the class before so is better at it anyway.

But it WAS nice to realise today, when one of the newer girls was despairing about not being able to jump up on the pole and slide down it, that it really DOES improve. Mainly because, on my 11th week of pole fitness, I myself managed for the first time to do that complete move. The one I was taught on my first class and gradually (FINALLY) manage to improve at. I am improving by the week at something I thought at the start of August I would NEVER be good at, and nearly three months later I am relishing the fact that I've found something I really want to work at perfecting.

AND the fact that it is a pretty good workout at the same time... well, that is an added bonus!

So, here are the moves I've been working on. (No, I am not in the videos. And sorry they talk so much.)




This first one is called The Chair. I couldn't even remotely manage this the first week - my legs wouldn't even come off the ground. Then miraculously, last week, they lifted off the ground. I nearly fell down due to shock. I can't really rotate around the pole and make it just over half a rotation before I have to put my feet back down, but I'm working on it!

5 comments:

  1. Well done you!!! I'd love to do one of these classes, been thinking about it for a couple of years. From the sounds of it, it would be well worth having a go at.

    Glad you enjoyed it this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get your own videos up there. You'd make a mint! :P x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even imagine having the guts to try something like this. I barely have enough coordination to walk across the street without tripping up half the time. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to try this, but have been too scared that I'm not physically strong enough. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I reckon it's great you're giving this a go!
    Once I went to a pole dancing class for a hens night - was so much fun! I felt embarrassingly uncoordinated (and unsexy) but I can see how regularly doing classes would be so much fun - seeing yourself improve would give such a sense of satisfaction :)

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)