Thursday, 15 September 2011

OOH OOH BABY . . .

Today I fell in love.

His name is Danny. I met him in the Co-op store on Great Western Road (minutes before I got ID'd for the second time in less than two weeks - yay!). He is ADORABLE. Big beautiful eyes and his SMILE . . . wow, don't even get me started on that. One glance at him and that was it. I MELTED.

I wanted to grab him and take him home with me.

I doubt his mother would have let her six month old baby out of her sight though.

Did you see that twist coming??? :-) Danny was the cutest little baby I'd saw in ages. So adorable that I actually broke my "don't talk to strangers while sober" rule to ask his mum all about him.

I love babies. I really do.

Now, don't you look at your screen in a knowing "Oh look at that, Paula's getting broody" kinda way. I get that from my sister all the time. I'm not broody. I've ALWAYS loved babies.

I'm just not sure I want my own.

There's several reasons for this. One: gaining weight. I have enough body issues as it is. Two: no alcohol? For more than nine months??? Terrifying. Three: the idea of being responsible for another human being. I can barely look after myself. Four: the loss of my freedom. Five: the fear I'd be a terrible mother anyway.

I know people say you forget about all this stuff when you have a kid.

But I'm just not ready.

I may be 31, I may be surrounded by girls around my age having babies, but I'm not ready for it. I'm not sure if I'll ever be.

I don't have any sperm anyway. :-)

I did love Danny though. Sigh . . .


How do you feel about babies?

7 comments:

  1. I was never really a baby person until I made one of my own. So I like my own babies, but can sort of take or leave other people's babies.

    Is that wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, but I'm not a baby person at all. Instead of going gaga over a baby, I go gaga over puppies and dogs, lol! I never really had that motherly feeling, but when I was younger I wanted to have children, and I think it was only because society kinda dictates that women must have children, and if you don't, there's something definitely wrong with you. Years ago I finally admitted that I did not want children at all. People said that I was going to regret it, but at 44 I have yet to regret that decision. (My mother was not too thrilled with this decision at all!) I have my two furbabies, and that's children enough for me, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love babies.
    I love the one i have - even though he is rapidly growing into a boy and not a "baby" ( wah, only 3 and a bit months until he turns 2! ).
    And i plan on loving another one in the very near future. My wedding is in 7 weeks.... we're hoping to conceive in 7 and half weeks time....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a baby person, even if I am in love with my 2 year old god son, I still didnt like him when he couldnt walk and eat by himself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the exact same way as you do about them. Babies = awesome! me having babies = ............um.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt EXACTLY the same way as you....... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, I'm pretty much the same. With the additional 'my family medical history is hardly something I want to risk passing on'. x

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)