Monday, 12 September 2011

MEMORIES FROM AN EVENTFUL WEEKEND . . .


  • Travelling up to Inverness on Friday morning with the groom's family, most of whom I'd never met before. One of the funniest car journeys ever, I felt like I hardly stopped laughing the whole time. Which is pretty good when it's more than a three hour journey!
  • Meeting the woman who is obviously the very image of what I will be like when I'm nearly 80. In other words, she likes her drink. I loved her. She is my soulmate!
  • Drinking a LOT of champagne on Friday evening. But not having a hangover on Saturday. Which was a good thing since I was up at 6.45am on Saturday morning.
  • Being late for the wedding. Because the bride's DAD was running late, not the bride. Haha, that makes a change from the norm!
  • Having a surprisingly easy time of it making random small talk with lots of strangers. I guess the fact there was a free bar for part of the day helped with that . . .
  • Taking one of the wedding guests up to my room to show him how nice it was. And then jumping on him*. Oh dear. I seem to be making a habit of this recently . . . He WAS hot though. And I was drunk (you may have guessed that fact after my previous "free bar" comment . . .)
  • Dancing the night away.
  • . . .Then falling asleep on the sofa in the hotel's drawing room. Oops. Oh wait, I don't actually remember that bit. (In my defence I HAD Had a very early start - 6.45am, remember? - and a LOT of wine. And it was WELL after midnight by that point.
  • And, best of all, getting to see one of my best mates having one of the best days of her life and marrying her soulmate. And she looked absolutely STUNNING.

Awwww . . . :-)


How were your weekends, lovelies???


*I've realised my choice of words here may have given people the wrong impression about me. It was just a kiss. I don't do casual sex. There'll be a post up on that shortly. Just wanted to clarify that!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a blast :-) Something you really needed!
    My weekend was fab...a day trip to Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fishing trip with my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol naughty girl!

    I had sex in my living room. Well, on the floor. Now I just need to 'christen' the hall, the bathroom and the kitchen and then I'll feel like I've properly moved in. :P

    x

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)