Sunday, 7 August 2011

WEEKEND LESSONS . . .

  • It IS actually possible to have a classy hen do. Especially when it involves getting dressed up in party frocks and starting off with high tea and champagne at a posh hotel.

  • If you start off drinking champagne, it can be quite difficult to "downgrade" to normal wine later on. (Well, I found it difficult anyway!)
  • Apparently it's only old men who like to chat me up. Old men who have a wife sitting five feet away telling him to stop bothering me.
  • I'm not ready to be chatted up anyway.
  • I may be stronger than I look, and possibly stronger than even I realise, but someone is still my Kryptonite (because obviously I AM Superman. Duh.) And I'm still struggling with this.
  • Starting to drink at 2pm is not the best idea if you end up out until 5am the following day. (Ouch.)
  • It is actually possible to drink enough to overtake drunkenness without stopping and go straight to the hungover stage.
  • It's apparently hard for me to keep both eyes open at the same time when getting my picture taken. At least while I've been drinking anyway . . .
  • Fake tan rarely works the way you want it to. But Spanx are clearly the work of some sort of miracle.

And that's all for now. How were your weekends? Did you learn anything as fascinating as what I learned??? ;-)

4 comments:

  1. I learned you can not hold your nose closed and hum for more than 1 second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm not sure what I learned from the weekend. But my hen weekend 3 months ago started with afternoon tea at the Strand Palace Hotel in London - super civilised :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned/realized that my neighbor thinks I need a man around. He's constantly going on and on about how things would be easier if I had a husband or that school would be a great place to meet a guy. I hadn't realized it until this weekend that he brings this up regularly. I don't know how I didn't realize this before since he does it so often - almost every time we talk. I almost wanted to tell him I was gay this weekend just to get him off my back. I'm not but he doesn't have to know that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I learned any lessons this weekend... other than divorce is ridiculously expensive, but the best debt I could ever get into lol

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)