Thursday, 2 June 2011

ANNOYING PEOPLE . . . AND SANDWICHES!!!

I'm sure I've mentioned before that when a random stranger winds me up, whether it's on the street or in a shop or basically ANYWHERE, that they tend to reappear a few times afterwards. For example, a person might be annoying me in one shop, hanging around behind me whenever I'm looking at something, then reappear in the next shop.

In this story, I could therefore appear to be the one who is doing the annoying. But I'm actually not.

My shopping list was simple. I needed tortilla wraps, sour cream, some sort of crispy chicken and juice. That was all. A quick pop-into-the-Coop-and-back-out-in-two-seconds type of jolly. Instead I found myself becoming a stalker.

A girl on her phone, from the moment I walked into the shop, kept getting in my way. She was barely actually doing any shopping, just wandering along and randomly stopping to talk further. BUT SHE KEPT STOPPING EVERYWHERE I NEEDED TO BE. She was in front of the bread section. Then the sour cream section. She (thankfully) bypassed the frozen food section. But when I went to the juice section - oh wait, there she was again! AND SHE WASN'T EVEN BUYING JUICE!!!

Outside the shop, there's building work going on and therefore a very small skinny passage along to the end of the street. And OF COURSE, she was right in front of me again, dawdling along, faffing about on her phone again!

Seriously, why couldn't she just put it down for like two minutes, do her shop and get the fuck out of my way??? In those five minutes or so, I have never hated anyone more. And worst of all, it looked like I was being the annoying one by trying to get something from all the places she decided to randomly stand. Grrr.

Anyway, yes, rant over. Sandwiches are in the title because I am using those ingredients (minus the juice - that would be gross) to make tomorrow's lunch. My favourite. Breaded chicken, sour cream and cheese in a wrap. Yummy. It always makes work more bearable when I have a delicious sandwich to look forward to.

Which leads me to ask . . . what is YOUR favourite type of sandwich? Either home made or not. Feel free to share!!! :-)

7 comments:

  1. I love that after a long post about annoying people you ask about our favourite sandwich!! Mine is turkey, mayonnaise and grape - random I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what faffing means but I like the sound of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooooove cuban panini's. The only one I have had is from Panera (which... is probably not over there), but they are so yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh - my favourite type of sandwich is shredded chicken, lettuce, tomato and tzaziki on some kind of bun, and the toasted. Mmmmm...
    But my i ask Paula - where is the salad on your sandwich young lady?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kept seeing my old boss every time I went to the post office for some reason. She'd always be in her car and watch me walk into or out of the post office. This happened on several occasions and I was glad that she always sat in her car so I didn't have to talk to her since she fired me and all.

    And then...I went to the store one day and I swear, EVERY damn aisle I went down, she was there too! So then I'd go down some other aisle instead and what do you know, a second or two later she would come up that same aisle. I pretended I didn't see her so we wouldn't have an uncomfy confrontation. Finally, I was looking at vacuums and she came up on me when I wasn't looking and said, "Hi, sprinkles!" in the friendliest voice! Before I even realized who it was, I said hi back. I hadn't meant to. She walked on by though, thank God, so we didn't have to have a conversation.

    My favorite sandwich is most definitely a grilled cheese sandwich. Soooooo good! I only ever just have it with cheese and butter but it just occured to me that bacon on it might be nice too. Don't know what made me think of that just now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer home made, especially if there's bacon in it, I hate the ones in restaurants they never have the same good taste or texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I TOTALLY know those kinds of people in stores! God knows I'm probably one once in a while.

    Your newest follower! www.livingbarefootandcrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)