Monday, 9 May 2011

PRETTY PUMPS . . .

Do you remember my edible shoes??? (not literally edible, obvs.)

Well, every since the first time I bought them, Primark have stocked variations of them. Always pretty, always with good grips on them, a mere six quid a pair. How can I resist? No matter how the style of them is varied, they only ever have seemed to be available in a few colours. Namely black, gold or silver.

Today, while in Primark, I decided it might be an idea to see if they had any in stock. As I mentioned recently, I go through ballet pumps at a rate of knots, due to walking so much. I practically stock pile these shoes, for realsies.

And then . . . I made an incredible discovery.

THERE WERE NEW COLOURS!!!!

Pale blue and lilac, as per below - these were the ones I ended up buying.

There were also white ones and lemon ones, but I had to draw the line somewhere. I AM skint, after all.

But - oh my god - day? Officially made!

Add to that several glasses of rose, a sweet email from someone quite far away from me right now (sad face - at least it's not for long though!) AND the fact that I only have three days of work left before I have yet another long weekend, and I'm feeling pretty damn happy right now.

What's making YOU happy?

6 comments:

  1. I bought new shoes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New shoes. New shoes definitely make me happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look fantastic!! i wear mine out very fast too. i'm very hard on shoes. but cute pairs like these, that are also comfortable are the best, aren't they???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've yet to find a pair of ballet flats that don't make my feet look like canoes.

    *SIGH*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I saw these shoes and I fell in love. They look really comfortable.
    Truly edible shoes would be very interesting. I know some people make edible wedding dresses (out of chocolate apparently). Personally, I wouldn't want to eat anything that's been on someone's feet, but I'm sure there's a few out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!

    I have over 50 pair of shoes and my dad doesn't understand why I feel the need to buy more. He says I'll never need to buy another pair because I'll never wear out the ones I have.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)