Thursday, 17 February 2011

SHOP 'TIL I DROP . . .

I find, when I'm feeling a bit shitty, retail therapy is definitely something that can work for me.

Don't get me wrong, the people in my way annoy me. The prices annoy me. The having to try stuff on REALLY annoys me (sometimes I wish I could just go shopping in my underwear. It would save me having to take everything off in every shop I see something I like in. On the other hand, it would probably get me arrested. Or cause a lot of jeering. Either/or.)

But the having bought STUFF at the end of it? Whether I need it or not? Is TOTALLY the best part...

So what DID I buy??? Yes, I hear you ask it. Here's what . . .



Pretty pink cardigan, courtesy of Warehouse. I haven't bought any knitwear in a while, and this just was so pretty, I couldn't resist. What can I say, I'm a sucker for pink . . .

I love accessories which feature buttons but so far have only managed to acquire button-related hair accessories. When I saw this necklace in Dorothy Perkins, I HAD to have it. It is Awesome. Yes, WITH a capital A. And the Dotty P purchases didn't stop there . . ..

I saw this tunic and had to have that too. OWNED!!!

And as for this dress???? I am in LOVE!!!!

I am pretty sure Dorothy Perkins has become my new favourite shop for dresses, and I know I'll get a lot of wear out of those purchases.

It didn't stop there though. I also went a bit mad in Boots. I am mildly obsessed with Soap & Glory products. Not only do they do awesome things to you like make your lips big and tingly, or your skin smooth and soft and smelling delicious, they also are experts in punninlingus when it comes to product naming. Wowsers. Sooo, the upshot of this is that pretty much every time I see a product I haven't saw before, I have to try it. So step forward THESE two products . . .



I haven't quite worked out what either of them DO, but I couldn't NOT buy them (I'll let you know if they're any good, promise!). Then it turned out it was 3 for 2 on all Soap & Glory products in Boots so I bought a massive tub of the Righteous Butter too (although I'm appalled at the current spelling of "addictive" on that particular page). That was on top of the Feria hair dye, highlighting kit AND a new tube of my favourite lipstick also in my basket.

What can I say? My name is Paula and I'm a shopaholic.

And I really don't care. Cos I feel happy now. :p

What do you think of my purchases??? Have you been on any spending sprees recently? Please share. :)

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about trying things on and just staying in your underwear. If only they'd at least let you take one of everything into the changing rooms at once, but no, you have to put your clothes back on and go get another load separately. Gah!

    Love your purchases. I am very jealous. Have been doing Frugal February and have been relatively good at it. So no shopping sprees for me recently. But it's payday soon and then March is just round the corner. So I'll be going completely mad :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm too poor to go on any sprees lately but hopefully later this year I will have a monster one. :) For now I'm living vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soap & Glory rock. And also? We're putting buttons on our wedding stationary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love soap & glory, too! And, I'm reinventing my wardrobe so I'll be going on a shopping spree v. soonish! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought my friend some Soap & Glory stuff for her birthday the other day. It took aaaaages cause like you said, there is a lot to read before you know what you are buying! Worth it though.

    Loving all your purchases. Made my miss sharing my flat with a girl and showing what we'd bought that day!

    Rapunzel x
    *Tales from the Tower*

    ps You guessed right...I did continue with the date. You know me well for someone that doesn't actually know me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i havent been shopping in ages! i so need to!

    the pink cardigan is to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spent all my Xmas vouchers on S+p wrinkly stuff today - I already use the body butter (totally agree the spelling is galling!) and body scrub and hand lotion, so I'm expecting to look 25 again in the morning but as I've sucumbed to the vodka fairy tonight that is highly unlikely :)

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)