Wednesday, 9 February 2011

THE MYSTERY OF THE MISSING CHOCOLATE BAR . . .

When I get into work in the morning, the first thing I nearly always do is head to the kitchen to get a 500 ml bottle of Diet Irn Bru from the vending machine. (The caffeine and E-numbers are completely necessary, trust me.) Recently, I've taken to selecting myself a chocolate bar from the machine too. To give myself something to look forward to later that day.

And today was no exception. I got my bottle of juice as usual, placed it on the worktop so I could select my chocolate bar, picked up my juice and headed upstairs to my desk. And looked forward all morning to lunchtime when I could eat my chocolate.

But when I dug into my bag to retrieve said chocolate bar . . . it wasn't there. "What have you lost?" one of my colleagues asked me finally as I probably looked more and more panic-stricken. "My chocolate!" I wailed. My distress evident, a few of my co-workers even helped me check my desk for the mislaid chocolate. But it was nowhere to be seen.

Where did it go??? I guess I will never know for definite. Could someone have stolen it? Not really. My bag was next to me, and someone rifling through it . . . I'm fairly sure I would have noticed that. And they would have came across my purse first, and let's face it . . . if you had the choice of a 65p chocolate bar or a purse with fifteen pounds in it, what would you choose?

So I have to assume that what has happened is that I have once again embraced the "blonde stereotype" and . . . forgotten to actually remove my chocolate bar from the machine after I paid for it and selected it!!!

Yeah. This ranks up there with The Tragedy of the Soup.


Done anything silly recently?

7 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your loss.

    Seriously, I just started a blog and wrote about the inappropriate things I said to my boss today... between us we seem like a right pair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that too! Also I've been fined for riding the bus or train without a ticket (in Switzerland you can get on without a ticket) when I'd bought the ticket but forgotten to take the ticket from the machine :-|

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you and me both. A few weeks ago I left a substantial wad of cash in a cash machine. And the other day, my shopping got abandoned in the post office. Dippy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I withdrew £30 from a cash machine then walked off without it.

    Admittedly, I've been a bit preoccupied recently... but I'm doing my best to make sure I don't do it again lol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have had to go home for the rest of the day after discovering my chocolate was gone. That's too much for any girl to handle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! I've done that. I once ordered my coffee & there was a line and then ordered a sanwhich. Well I paid for both & just go the coffee & forgot about the sandwhich. It happens to us all dear. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, gotta love it! We don't have vending machines at work, but I'm sure if we did, I'd totally do this as well! :D

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)