Tuesday, 1 February 2011

CHEER-ME-UP-TUESDAY

Aaaannnndddd... Cheer-Me-Up Tuesday is back in service.

To be honest, today wasn't generally a bad day. Not in the way most Tuesdays are. It was actually okay. It's just since I got home to discover kitchen sharing flatmate STILL hadn't washed her dishes, hadn't taken out the bin AGAIN (once again, I was left to do it) and on top of that was hogging the part of the kitchen table NOT already full of her dirty dishes with a massive box of organic fruit (which I'm sure she will at some point dismantle and probably stuff the box in the bin - for me to have to take out. Grrr.) that I've ended up in a bit of a mood. :(

So I thought I'd share some things from some of my favourite websites. Here goes . . .

If I need an instant pick-me-up, my first stop is almost always Damn You Auto Correct. I've made so many of text related blunders thanks to my phone that I can totally identify with it.

One thing I CAN'T do, however, is go on the site at work. Not because it's blocked or anything. But because I cannot start laughing, and it's embarrassing . . .


Monday Through Friday


And from yet another favourite site of mine, Not Always Right, we have this lovely story. I giggled...

Please, Take A Crap

Restaurant | West Midlands, UK

Me: “Hello, what can I get for you?”

Customer: “I’d like a crap, please.”

Me: “I’m sorry, could you repeat that?”

Customer: “I’d like a crap with sugar and lemon, please.”

Me: “Oh, I see! A crepe with sugar and lemon.”

Customer: “Yes, that’s what I said. A crap with sugar and lemon!”


Mmmmm, yum. Suddenly I really want a crap too. I'd rather have golden syrup on mine though. . .

And if you STILL need cheering up after all that, why not pop by The Oatmeal, another of my favouritest of all sites. This is my current favourite comic of his. Even if it DOES really make me want to eat koala meat and bison balls . . .

Cheered up yet?? I kinda am. :) Anyhoo, if you have any nice jokes, or website links to share with me that you think will make me lol a lot, please feel free to share. And enjoy the rest of your Tuesdays! (Unless it's already Wednesday where you are, obvs, in which case "Yay! You survived Tuesday!!! Congrats!")

Over and out.


3 comments:

  1. Bwahahaha, I love the Auto Correct site. I don't think I've made any howlers of a scale likely to get on there but I know that "wtf?" feeling when you see what your texts actually say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the one from Damn You Auto Reply seriously made me giggle... I needed something like this. I had a "crap" tuesday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love DYAC too! Hadn't seen the others though :)

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)