Monday, 28 February 2011

THE CASE OF THE DISAPPEARING DRESSES . . .

Now it's no secret that my clothes conspire against me. Remember how my tights like to try to escape on a regular basis? Wardrobe malfunctions such as this occur to me on a regular basis.

But becoming more and more of a regular occurrence is me losing the bottom half of my dress when I get to work.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, although I could be wrong. At the time it was a one -off, but now it's happening more regularly . . . AND WITH DIFFERENT DRESSES.

What happens is that somehow, on my walk to work, my dress manages to work its merry way up my body and settle somewhere around my waist. And, if I don't happen to have popped to the bathroom on my way into the office, I get a bit of a shock when I unbutton my mac to discover I can see the crotch of my tights.

(By some stroke of luck, disappearing dress days do not seem to coincide with escaping tight days.)

This has happened to me now three or four times, and it has just been sheer fluke that I have either noticed just when I'm opening my coat, or no one has been around to witness it.

One day I'm convinced I'm going to be running late, rush into work and distractedly fling off my coat only to find I am missing the bottom of my dress once again, AND EVERYONE IS LOOKING AT ME!!!

Don't worry though. If it DOES happen . . . I'll be sure to tell you all about it???

Any recent wardrobe malfunction stories to share???

5 comments:

  1. I was trying on some shoes the other day. I sat down to put them on and there was something lumpy at the back of my leg. I managed to move the lump down the leg and put my hand up my jeans only to pull out some knickers!

    I felt mortified to be waving some of my skimpy underwear around in public!

    Rapunzel x
    *Tales from the Tower*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couple of times I've forgotten to zip up my jeans and have been wandering around flashing my pants to all and sundry lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once went to school with a hole in my trousers in the crotch region. It didn't bother me that much, but sat on the field at lunch time, a girl kindly pointed out that she could see one of my bollocks. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the old dress getting stuck on your tights thing - i knows it!

    I occasionally forget to change into my work shoes but remember to take my trainers off - socks round the office is not a good look

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lately the zip on my jeans comes down on its own accord...luckily my top normally covers it but if I have a top ride-up malfunction too, that'll be something!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)