Sunday, 21 November 2010

THE RATHER LONG DRY SPELL . . .

So I mentioned the other day that I was going through somewhat of a dry spell. Sexually, romantically, whatever you want to describe it as, I have not had much action.

I last had sex in August 2009. I could probably work out the exact date, as it would have been the last time I saw F in person. But that will just depress me, so I think I'll not be that specific.

But it's not just lack of sex. It's also been just over a year since my last date. (Swine Guy.)

It's been over 6 months since my last kiss. (Creepy guy in Zante, at the start of May.) Well, I THINK it was my last kiss, as I'm FAIRLY sure I would have remembered if Work Crush and I had kissed in the taxi after the wedding in July.

So the closest I've had to any action was Work Crush feeling my leg that night from the looks of it.

And even THAT was nearly four months ago!!!

I know this probably sounds pretty depressing to some folk. And it IS a little depressing to me too.

But, at the same time, I quite often go through phases like this. Before F came along last year, it had been over a year since my last . . . I'm trying to think of a polite way to put this other than "shag" and failing. So let's go with shag. And before my ex before F, there was also nearly a year gap. And then before the one BEFORE that, there was more than a year gap again.

And before that there was nothing. I didn't lose my virginity until I was 24, after all.

Maybe that's one of the reasons why I don't get too bothered about the whole thing. I've only had sex with four guys, and I've had long periods of being alone between each of them, and I spent 24 years without getting any, so perhaps I don't care that much about the long periods of time I go without any "action". I like it when I'm having it, don't get me wrong, but after a while I barely notice anymore.

I can't help but wonder when the next time will be though. And who it will be with.

I know who I want it to be with. But then that's another story, already told on more than one occasion. Sigh.

On an unrelated note, would anyone like to contribute to my Battery Fund? A girl can never have too many batteries, after all . . . ;)

8 comments:

  1. I'm the same way! When I'm getting it, I like it and want it, but when it stops, I go through a slight withdrawal and then I'm over it. Beats trolling bars for randoms! Good for you for being picky and cheers to getting laid again eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG....Girl, that just sucks!
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so understand you, last time I had sex was in October 2009 and I have only been single since May 2010...I think I am a virgin again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you. I've seen girls desperate for a shag and in too many cases it led to mistakes, misunderstandings and heartbreaks. And anyway, it's not like poeple who are in relationships have sex all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. urm, I'm 25 and i'm still a virgin *shudders*. Oh, and i've never been kissed, too.

    Trust me, P, it's better to wait until you find someone AMAZING. The next one will be spectacular and it'll be worth the wait. I'm not feeling bitter because I've never been kissed et al (sometimes I do though, when I have my down days) but I know that there's going to be an amazing guy out there waiting for me! :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly, it's been even longer for me. I won't tell you just how long but lets just say it's been a L-O-N-G freaking time. I'm a born again virgin, I swear. If anyone ever wants to have sex with me again, I'll be like, "You want to put your what where?"

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)