Monday, 15 November 2010

PROJECT *ME* . . .

Since I have nothing better to do this week, I have decided to focus on ME and try and make a kick start on this Getting Fit, Losing Weight thing.

Obviously, this shall be an ongoing thing - a fitness regime, after all, is for life, not just for a week - but I want to just spend this week pampering myself and looking out for just me for a change. I mean, I'm a ridiculously selfish person anyway, don't get me wrong, but I feel like I've spent way too much of the past couple of months feeling a bit miserable and/or all over the place emotionally, so maybe I can try and just have some proper me-time and sort myself out once and for all. And laying off the drink for a few days surely can't hurt either.

So I've been exercising more and trying to limit myself calorie and carb-wise to some extent. I've been spending longer cleansing my skin (once or twice I've even managed to take my eye make-up off) and I've been trying to avoid the alcohol a bit. I actually spent Saturday completely sober, my first Sober Saturday in AGES!!!

Of course, then I ruined it by going to see Diana Vickers last night with my sister and brother-in-law, ended up going for dinner beforehand, then drinking rose wine, white wine, vodka and even a bit of cider over the course of the evening. Today in work . . . I wasn't exactly at my best.

Diana, I blame you . . .


12 comments:

  1. I really need to start taking my make up off. I'm terrible for it!

    Hope you're ok my love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh meant to ask you how the gig was! Hope you enjoyed it :D

    And I wholeheartedly back your 'pamper thyself' week - you totally deserve it. And you have more self-discipline than I do. I mean, I've written out a list of what I'm going to do... getting around to it though is something else entirely...

    I was sober on Sunday. It was... peculiar.

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great pampering yourself week. It's a great idea. Might have to have one of those too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm terrible at taking makeup off - but I bought those face wipes and that way even when you're drunk/lazy/hungover it's super easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah. Me time is such a worthy time investment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me time can include a bit of debauchery :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're off to a much better start than I am. I've been saying I'm going to do this for MONTHS now. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tomorrow's another day, it's all good! I bet the gig was brilliant, love that song :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's always hard for me to get started! and it's especially hard when you have a busy social life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't necessarily have a hard time getting started, I just have a hard time staying motivated to continue. I wish you LOTS of luck, especially with the holidays just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you. I'm trying to get back on the wagon as well. It's hard especially around the holidays. but if you need some support, I'll sure try!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's still a good start. :P

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)