Friday, 8 October 2010

SIGNS THAT MY MUM KNOWS ME TOO WELL . . .

Example 1

The Scene: I'm sitting in Malaga airport swapping my Euros with my mum for British currency (she goes abroad more often than I do and it saves me going to a travel agent to get them changed back).

My mum: "Now, I really hope you aren't going to go out and spend this on five new dresses."
Me: "Of course not."
Slight pause . . .
Me: "Just maybe . . . THREE dresses?"


Example 2

The Scene: I have a bottle of fizzy rose we bought in Nerja last night in my suitcase (it cost something like 1 euro 50 cents) and at duty free in the airport I've bought a bottle of cava, which is clinking alarmingly alongside the raspberry Absolut I've purchased as we head for the baggage reclaim at Glasgow.

My mum: "Now, I really hope you're not planning on drinking both of those bottles of wine once you get home today."
Me: "Um . . ."

Nah. I couldn't really deny that thought was going through my mind at all, could I???

(Yes, I'm back, baby!!! Expect one or two more holiday related posts in the next few days. In the meantime, I guess I should go check out what I've missed via my google reader. Eek...)

8 comments:

  1. Hehe that's quite amusing. Gotta love mums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Hope you had a fab holiday and birthday! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. Your mom sounds cute. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, I've missed you!

    LOL, I'd be having that same first coversation with my mom only she'd be asking if I was going to spend it all on shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooo I wish I had some time in Spain! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mom sounds funny~ I hope you drank both bottles and bought six dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Raspberry Absolut *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom knows me like that as well... Sometimes I wish she didn't but, I don't think we can escape it.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)