Thursday, 16 September 2010

BAR GUYS KNOW ME WELL APPARENTLY . . .

Last night I popped into town to meet my sister and her friend and we headed to the pub for some food and - of course - the always-necessary vino or twelve. Ah yes. Wine wine wine.

And when it only costs £5.99 for a bottle of Blossom Hill during the week, you can have wine all you want!

(Well, until they run out.)

So anyway, I went up to the bar to order the first bottle of wine and the bar dude stuck the bottle down in front of me. "Do you need anything else?" he asked me. I shook my head. He took my money, gave me the change, and walked off.

I stood there confused, wondering if he had forgotten one of the most vital parts of ordering a bottle of wine.

You know, like . . . WINE GLASSES!

He went on about his business and I caught the OTHER bar guy's eye. He could clearly see the problem and I guess was about to say to the other guy when the first guy clocked his mistake.

He collected my glasses and popped them down on the bar. "Sorry about that," he joked. "I just thought you wanted to swig it directly out of the bottle."

I started laughing. "Not the first time I've done that, trust me," I said.

His look said he judged me.

"Not in a PUB though," I hastened to add, before making a sharp exit.

But other places.


Like inside the cupboard of a hotel room in Belfast?

And THAT wasn't my first time. Believe me . . .

8 comments:

  1. What a judgemental douche - he gets to make a joke about his mistake, but you make a joke to take the pressure off and he gives you a look? Poo to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone has drank out of the bottle at one point or another ;) No judgement here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy xxoo said...
    What a judgemental douche - he gets to make a joke about his mistake, but you make a joke to take the pressure off and he gives you a look? Poo to him!

    ^^^ That's basically what I was gonna say but I think Amy said it better than I would've.

    I miss alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha we've all been there, but never in a bar ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I love your pic!
    But that guy, wtf? doesn't he want to get tips? he shouldn't be so rude and go around life assuming crap about people :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd have stood there, told him I didn't the glasses and glugged away! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You Brits! You gotta give up the closet drinking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha haha, love the picture. I have one of me drinking brandy out of the bottle. I don't remember it being taken.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)