- SINGING - I'm far from tone deaf and can sing in tune, for sure. Problem is, I do not have a particularly pretty singing voice. Which makes me very sad.
- FOLLOWING CHOREOGRAPHED DANCE MOVES - I can' remember how long I spent trying to follow the dance steps from the scene in "Save The Last Dance" when Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas get down to "U Can Do It" by Ice Cube. Many many hours of my life were lost. Then I tried to do it along with my friend C in Yang one night, and fell over. Also forget dance related exercise videos and Zumba, because there is no way I'm going to keep up.
- COMPLETING WORD VERIFICATIONS ON THE FIRST ATTEMPT - Seriously, does anyone else have this problem? It sometimes takes me three or four attempts to get one right, and I can never understand where I went wrong . . .
- ACCENTS - I cannot do accents for shit. Basically every one I try, no matter where in the world the accent originates from, it comes out sounding vaguely Indian. Unless I try to do an INDIAN accent, which comes out sounding like . . . I have no idea, it is actually indescribable. I once had to pretend to be American on the phone (long story which I will one day get around to telling) and the accent that came out of me was HORRENDOUS. The worst bit was though that I had to keep up this awful accent for the entire phone call. I'm sure my accent was American by way of an around-the-world trip first. With a particularly long stopover in India, of course.
- CRYING ON DEMAND - along with my inability to do accents, this is another thing which will stop me from ever becoming an actress (as well as my inability to be able to ACT and lack of self confidence, obviously!). Also, it is really handy for emotional blackmail if you can cry on demand (moi? Emotional blackmailer? Of course not.) Unfortunately, the times I cry always coincide with the times I really don't want to. So maybe I also wish I had the talent for holding back tears at unfortunate times . . .
- RESISTING TEMPTATION - if I had that talent, I could stop drinking alcohol and eating junk with no bother whatsoever.
- DATING - I am too awkward and uncomfortable on dates, which stops me really from putting myself out there. Which I don't really mind apart from the fact that dating stories make good blog fodder. So I am really only doing my BLOG a disservice with my lack of this talent. (My lack of a sex life apparently comes second to my blog. Hmmm.)
- FILTERING INAPPROPRIATE COMMENTS *BEFORE* I SAY THEM OUT LOUD - Does this REALLY require an explanation? I guess in my case, this is less a "talent" and more a "necessity" . . .
What do you wish you had a talent for?