Monday, 7 June 2010

MY LINE OF THE WEEK . . .

Sometimes I can only think of a smart wisecrack ages after a moment it would have fitted perfectly, and want to kick myself for it. Occasionally though, my ability to come up with the goods on the spot surprises even me . . .

Case in point, the other day in work. In order to go to the loos, we need to go out the main door of the office into the main atrium, thus necessitating use of a fob for access in and out. As I headed through reception to the door, I ran into a male colleague from another department and was making small talk as we headed for the door.

At this point, he realised he had forgotten his fob.

"Oh <>" he said. "I forgot my little thing."

My line? "I hope you're not going to the toilet then."

Baboom-TISH!

Wow. Sometimes I amuse myself so much I should be a stand-up comic...

9 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Nice! Too bad it's a little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was so funny.. lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahahaha! Zing! I love it when I can think of witty comments like that. I doesn't happen nearly enough in my book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always seem to think of witty one liners long after the fact too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always think I am a riot! Other people? Not so much haha I am with comment #1 too bad its little! =p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost spit my water out.

    Little, eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehehe! Hope he saw the funny side :-)

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)