Wednesday, 10 March 2010

WHERE IN THE WORLD WEDNESDAY: LOVELY MAJORCA!

It's Where in the World Wednesday time!
And today I'm in . . . MAJORCA!!!

Majorca is Spain's largest island and is part of the Balearics, an archipelago of islands in the Mediterranean.

I went to Majorca in July last year with my sister and loved it. It was ridiculously warm (perhaps TOO warm - as I said at the time, it was so hot that the pages kept falling out of our books due to the pages melting) and while we were there, there was a terrorist attack in our resort, but we still managed to have a lovely time! (Oh, and we could get bottles of sparkling rose wine for 2 euros in our local mercadonna - and it tasted really nice. Man, I WISH the prices of rose wine were this good in Scotland!)

The view from our balcony (we had TWO balconies!)


Me posing in a restaurant on our first PROPER night (that was the second night - our plane was delayed by eight hours on the way there so we missed out on our first night as we didn't get to the apartments until 3 in the morning!)


The beach at Palma Nova.


My sister posing in our living room. Isn't she beautiful? Doesn't she have the world's shiniest hair? (We didn't even have a hairdryer with us, so we had to dry our hair by standing under the AC unit!)


Sadly, the AC unit didn't have QUITE the same effect on MY hair . . . :(


I like playgrounds . . . What else can I say???

More Palma Nova . . .
And again . . .

I cannot wait for me and little sis to hit the Greek island of Zante in less than two months time. If we have as nice as time as we did in Majorca then it will be fabulous!

Where in the World are YOU this Wednesday? Pop by Classy In Philadelphia's blog to see other participants in this weeks WITWW!

14 comments:

  1. I have a playground picture almost exactly like yours. I guess we never grow up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, Majorca! My friends just went on spring break there!!

    Wow, your sister does have gorgeous hair. I'm super jealous.

    PS- Um, I'd freak out if I was at a resort and there was a terror attack..how in the world did you deal with that?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that Mjorca even existed before today. Thanks for expanding my horizons. I see they have the worlds most basic spring horse - but it looks like you were having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time I'm round at yours we're getting tipsy then invading the playground!! :P x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been to MENorca, which I gather is like the shy, retiring cousin with the monobrow of MAJorca. It was lovely though, and GREAT weather!

    P.S Got your text, will let you know how I get on - are there any bars near the bus station? Expect travel-weary hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous of all of your traveling... Both of you are gorgeous, and your sister really does have the world's shiniest hair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just in NY. Nice pics though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Mallorca when i went with B two years ago. I would like to go again... girls holiday?

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, looks lovely!

    p.s- you sister's hair is VERY shiny. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What shampoo does she use? Lol...

    You both look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You two are beautiful! And yes, her hair is ridiculously shiny. :)

    That beach looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to go there so bad! I couldn't get my act together for a WITWW post today :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a good time. Unfortunately I am, this Wednesday, at the same place I am every Wednesday: South Dakota, the middle of America's heartland, the crop zone, the Bible belt, the lawless west, the flattest place on earth. In other words, I may or may not have felt a tiny surge of envy near or around my heart at the sight of Majorca.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the playground pic!

    http://snafuliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)