Tuesday, 23 March 2010

DAY THREE OF THE BIG D . . .

Making it to day three of ANY diet is a pretty big achievement to me.

Originally the only thing that convinced me to try this particular diet - was talk of loss of 5lbs in the first phase. And the first phase which only lasted five days.

Five days - pah! - I can manage that, right?

But I'm finding it pretty difficult.

Especially today.

When I woke up I had the sicky, dizzy feeling I normally equate with the morning after a heavy drinking session on an empty stomach. I'm not actually sure how I managed the 40 minute walk to work, especially while having to fight with an umbrella for the entire journey.

Within a couple of hours I was starting to feel a bit more normal though - with the exception of being wooly-brained and confused and oh-so-tired. And craving just about every food on the planet. Especially chocolate.

I don't get it. I sometimes go unconsciously without chocolate for DAYS. Why can't I do it CONSCIOUSLY for five days??? This makes me all the more determined to stick it out.

(Oddly, the one thing I haven't craved yet is alcohol. I find that strange.)

Anyway, my head has been up my ass all day (NOT literally I should stress. I'm not remotely doublejointed. And why would I WANT to do that anyway??? What's WRONG with you???) I forgot my umbrella on the way home. And of course got caught in a hail-storm. Typical.

Then I spent five minutes in Superdrug in front of the Rimmel make-up, having a silent hissy fit because they appeared to have discontinued my favourite lipstick. Then I realised five minutes later that it actually still existed - the reason I couldn't find it was because it was a L'OREAL lipstick. And speaking of L'Oreal, I then had a hair-dye crisis because I couldn't remember what brand I used usually purely because I couldn't find the box with the woman I recognised on it.

By the time I got home, I was in a bit of a state. All I wanted was pizza - a Dominos delivery guy walking past me hadn't helped. It had briefly crossed my mind to mug him for the pizza, such was my mental state.

So I had to cheat slightly and add a bit of cheese to my dinner. Not much, and it's not really allowed in this five day phase . . . but if I hadn't done that, I'm fairly sure I would have been breaking into some chocolate tonight.

I definitely don't see this diet lasting longer than five days. I've been trying to take one day at a time. But the problem is, I'm not a massive fan of meat and two veg - I never have been. I'm a spag bol and macaroni cheese and pizza sort of girl. I like eating out and drinking wine and eating chocolate whenever the fancy takes me. WHY CAN'T FOOD BE CALORIE FREE??? WHY CAN'T I JUST EAT WHAT I WANT WITHOUT PUTTING ON WEIGHT???? WHY DO I HAVE NO WILLPOWER???

I think I'm going to have to return to the low calorie thing. It's worked for me before, I can still eat what I like to some extent, and . . . most importantly . . . I DON'T NEED TO EAT BACON AND EGGS EVERY DAY FOR BREAKFAST. Blurgh.

I never thought I'd say I miss Weetabix but I really do . . .

14 comments:

  1. With the week I just went through I believe stomach bug is the best diet.
    Keep it up, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diets are soo hard. I've been trying so hard to get one started but I just can't seem to get myself in gear. I gotta give you tons of credit for starting this!!! I'm with ya girl! Keep my fingers crossed for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the exact reason I can't do diets! The cravings lol. I think a low calorie would be best :-) Can I ask what diet you're doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow a 40 minute walk to work! that takes motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww babe *huuuugs* be strong! If you want any company to keep your mind off things - or to try and help eat healthily with you - just give me a shout :)

    P.S. my Mum also relies purely on the woman on the box of hair dye to know which shade is hers lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two words. Slimming World.

    It works and it's not horrific.

    I had a hissy fit in front of Rimmel when I thought they'd discontinued my favourite liquid eyeliner. Then I realised Bourjois make it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never did well with any diet that consists of mostly protein. Even though my diet DOES consist of mostly protein, anytime I add the "diet" to it, it makes it mandatory and that pisses me off- causing me to revolt. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dont really need to diet for weight purposes (yes hate me now) but i do need to go gluten, lactose and wheat free. I am NOT looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm totally a pasta, pizza and chips kind of girl too. Diets are hard! Luckily being pregnant is giving me free reign to eat whatever the hell I like! Although I admit that I am scared once I have this baby that getting back onto track w/ eating will be near impossible. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouch - good luck. Diets suck. You can make though, I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow, that doesn't sound fun at all! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. eggs and bacon everyday! I'm way too lazy to do that every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Trust me. From someone who used to diet and finally at a happy weight. A good ole fasion low fat diet always helps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you're doing something completely insane!

    Like Chele said, go old-school. Trying to lose weight is difficult enough without all kinds of gimmicky stuff. :P

    xx

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)