Thursday, 25 February 2010

TMI THURSDAY: THE ONE WITH THE NOTE . . .

***Alright, folks, you know the rules. Join us all in humiliating the crap out of yourself every Thursday by sharing some completely tasteless, wholly unclassy, “how many readers can I estrange THIS week??” TMI story about your life. Or hell, about someone else’s!


TMI Thursday


I wasn't present at this particular event but it DID happen. I know the girl in question and it doesn't surprise me - and someone I trust told me the story. I had it verified by a third party. It is 100% bonafide.

That's my disclaimer on this one.

I HAVE to share it, because even now, over a year after hearing this story, I still crack up every time I think of it.

I'm going to talk in hypotheticals for fun.

Imagine you're a night shift team leader in a contact centre. One night, you are working away, doing what team leaders usually do (I don't have any idea what they do, so I can't go into specifics here), when one of your employees walks up to you and hands you a note.

Weird, right?

Until you open the note. And discover what it says . . .

Are you ready for this one???

Here goes . . .


I farted and followed through.

Can I go home?




The girl has just shat herself at her desk. And told you in note form. (And yes, I DID put the note in brown text because brown is the colour of poo. Wasn't that artistic of me???)

Eek.

Several questions have to arise from this.


1) What would YOU do, if you were a manager and someone handed you this note?

2) What would YOU do, if you accidentally shat yourself in work?

3) Why didn't anyone SMELL it at the time? It must have been at least A BIT potent...

4) Was it wrong that some of her colleagues, upon learning of this, left a nappy on her chair for her next shift???


(PERSONALLY, I just think it was thoughtful of them . . .)

17 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAAA.

    Sorry *snort*, that cracked me up as well. Okay...

    1) Have no fucking idea what to say or do. I'd probably look like this: 0.0 and whisper, 'are you serious?'. If the answer is simply a nod, send her home. No proof required.

    2) Basically I would NOT TELL ANYONE, I mean, seriously. There are PLENTY more excuses to use - heck, even 'I came on my period earlier than I thought, I need to go home' is far less humiliating than 'I pooed myself.'

    3. Christ knows.

    4. Wrong, yes - but come on, if you admit to pooing yourself, you asked for it ;)

    Moral of the story: Sometimes, honesty is NOT the best policy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. F'ing amazing story right there. I feel obliged to answer the questions:

    1. I'd tell them to go home IMMEDIATELY!

    2. I'd find a quiet way out of it. You read my TMI Thursady last week. You know lol

    3. Good question.Could this person have had a desk in a secluded area?

    4. Dude, I would have probably thrown the chair in a dumpster. Bless their hearts for covering the chair for her.

    Snafugirl xoxo
    http://snafuliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm was that manager named Ann and from Texas???

    Nevermind... Just kidding.

    Ok so I'm (probably) not doing a tmi tomorrow since I just posted, but you just reminded me of an incredibly embarrassing story of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is AMAZING! And (1) I would probably fall down and die laughing, (2) I hadn't really thought about it before but now I know that I would definitely deal with it in note form, (3) There is no way others didn't know and (4) If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha oh dear the fart jokes have begun... :) Yes let's be FB friends! I can't remember your last name... I'm Kirsty MacLeod :) (You might have to use my email address to find me - kirstyjean(at)googlemail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. God even though I've heard this before I've still got the boak lol

    1. I'd usher them out of the office then arrange for the seat to be disinfected.

    2. Oh god I don't even want to think about it... lol

    3. Eww.

    4. People are so bloody cruel (and some are stupid for not thinking of another excuse!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhh that is too funny! it reminds me of how i would see shit stains on my exes boxers lying around on the floor. ewwwww.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg I'm not sure what I do if I were her or the manager. I would freak out & probably not even have told my manager & gone home. I would've taken the chances about being fired. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just farted and followed through.

    That is AMAZING.

    Happened to me the other day when I was peeing.

    But yeah, the napkin on the chair, that shit is classy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No freaking way! This story is hilarious but the part that makes it great is the note part. Really? Are we in grade school? Come on. I mean I know it would be embarrassing but suck it up. You're an adult. Act like one.

    Also, my mom accidentally sharted at the mall once. She promptly went to the bathroom cleaned up, removed undies and tossed them. That is the only thing to do in such a circumstance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so needed a good laugh today and this was by far the best!!! OMG!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg, so funny! i don't know what i would do if that was me. definitely clean up, discard the evidence and most likely tell no one what happened until after i was over the mortification :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Followed through" is such a POLITE way of putting it. I think she gets extra credit for that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. epic.

    I think I need to just start randomly giving people notes that say "I just farted and followed through."

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that I would die from laughter if I got that note.

    ReplyDelete
  16. O-M-G! hilarious. i'm so stealing the term 'followed through'.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)