Wednesday, 27 January 2010

WHERE IN THE WORLD WEDNESDAY: SEARCHING FOR LEPRECHAUNS . . . IN THE BOTTOM OF A PINT GLASS???


If it's Wednesday, then it must be time for "Where in The World" Wednesday, hosted by the aptly named Classy in Philadelphia.

This week, my Where in the World Wednesday takes place in the capital city of Ireland . . . DUBLIN!!! :)

Or . . . in a pub!

(Surprised?)


Someone mentioned last week that I seem to travel quite a lot. I actually haven't travelled very much in terms of my whole life, but in the past few years I've managed to pop to quite a few places. Dublin is somewhere I spent a total of approximately ten hours . . . and most of those were in the pub!!! :)


Me and Mich went over to Northern Ireland in July 2008 to visit our old flatmate A. And while there, we decided to pop down to Dublin for the day. This necessitated an early start, a two hour coach trip across the border, and a keen eye on the time to make sure we caught the last coach back, but it was totally worth it!


This is the pub (one of many in the Temple Bar area) where we spent most of our time. You may be able to tell from my hair in the corner of the pic that it was a somewhat windy day!

Don't expect me to be able to tell you where any of these places are. (possibly Temple Bar again?) By the time we reached the pub I'd already had a drink or two in TGI Fridays (yes, we went all the way to a different country and ended up in a TGIs. Of couse...)


The three of us outside the pub . . .


A's boyfriend arrempting a pole dance while I apparently laugh my head off...


Me and Mich posing in the middle of . . . er, a street in Dublin. (Help????)

We ate loads, drank even more and nearly missed the last bus back to Belfast. I believe Mich had to hold up the driver while I ran to the toilet.

I hope one day I get to go there for MORE than half a day!


(Last chance if you want to vote for me in the Scot Blogs awards. Voting closes at 8pm GMT tonight. If you like me, please go ahead and vote here. I don't believe for a minute I have a chance, but it's nice to look popular and worthy of the nomination!)

24 comments:

  1. I will not be happy until I sleep with every hot Irishman.

    Voted for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Temple Bar.

    True Story: I made out with an English boy by the basement bathrooms at one pub and none of my travelling companions were any the wiser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so badly want to go to Ireland.. and especially Dublin. And I love the pictures of the city... but mostly I love your purple top with the bow. Every picture you wear such amazing things!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love whirlwind tours of cities that involve one too many beers. The bummer is finding a rad drinking hole and never being able to find it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm, was Dublin gorgeous? I want to go...wahhhh!

    Thanks for participating, girlfriend...you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dublin looks fun. I'll put it in my list of places to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh that looks like a blast!!! I want to go to Dublin so bad!! Maybe next time you go you can let me know and I can hop over seas and come too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is there really anything else to do in Ireland other than drink your way to the bottom of many a glass, and hunt for Leprechauns?

    ReplyDelete
  9. hummmm... Ireland... must add to list of possible holiday places... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't made it to Dublin yet...just Cork. Hope to go someday soon :-)

    Just voted....good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Dublin. I have never been to Northern Ireland though, I'd love to go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh you get about P! I love Dublin, not been in ages. Must add it to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jealous I am indeed!

    when I'm in Dublin I'm going to have to get my picture taken doing something lewd to the statue of Molly Malone.

    (BTW, voted!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every time I travel to Manchester from NYC to visit family I think this time THIS TIME I will make it to Ireland.

    I am still trying.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to travel to Ireland! That will have to wait though b/c when I go there I too will be in a pub the majority of the time and well, that just ain't happening while being knocked up. So... in a few years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish I travelled as much as you!! Your pictures always look like you are having so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i want to be there. now. with a full pint glass in hand...and maybe three empty ones in front of it...make that 4...it needs to be friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I live in Dublin and I've never been to the Vat House pub.. must try it out..

    The last picture is of Grafton Street. Its the street that all the "rich" people shop on lol!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun! I definitely want to go to Ireland. One day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Dublin - also didn't spend enough time there, and when I was there it was raining, which isn't much different to being at home :( And it was really expensive! Oh dear, I'm talking myself out of Dublin - will def need to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhhh, I would LOVE to be in Dublin! You are totally right - it's great to see places we may not ever get to see!

    Thank you for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to see Dublin someday -- looks like you had a fantastic time! :)

    So funny you mention TGI Friday's... they're everywhere in America, of course, and I eat there pretty regularly. When visiting an American friend studying in London last year, I told her she could pick the spot for dinner. Where does she pick?! TGI FRIDAY'S! I could have died. We're right by Trafalgar Square in England (or, you know, close to it) and I'm sitting in a TGI Friday's.

    Though, to be fair, she told me we didn't have to go there... and the food was very different than it is at home! And it's kind of a funny story. That, obviously, I like to tell. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Photos used with permission, of course ;-) lol

    Dublin was bloody magic. What we saw of the bus station, shopping centre, TGI's and that pub, at least... :P

    You missed the cock in the field though! You were sitting on the other side of the bus on the way home! Bloody hilarious, alas no time to take a picture. Booooo.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've ALWAYS wanted to visit Ireland and this post makes me want to visit even more! :-)

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)