Wednesday, 20 January 2010

WHERE IN THE WORLD WEDNESDAY: BARCELONA BOUND!!!

And it's "Where in The World Wednesday" time!!! Check out Jessica's blog for other posts on this subject!


Back in 2008, me and my friend D booked a long weekend to Barcelona for the beginning of August. It's the first time I had ever been to Barcelona and I loved it there - I hope to go back one day and it's not like it's that far away from me - it's a 3 hour flight so it's easy to get to.

It was also fantastically warm! And we all know I like good weather. :)



Taken while on the bus tour of Barcelona.

Taking in the nightlife in a restaurant called Navarra, which was near La Ramblas.


Look!!! Mr Heckles is in Barcelona! But I thought he died???


Posing on the balcony of our hotel, The HCC Taber. Fairly basic but really nice. :)


In another restaurant, this time ON La Ramblas, called Nuria. For some reason we found it really hard to choose restaurants at night time so we ended up here twice!


Our last day. We were heading back at night so had to check out at lunchtime and were wandering about looking for somewhere to hide from the extreme sunshine. We finally found an Irish pub to hang out in, but look how pink I am from the heat!

Me posing outside our hotel. For some reason, I was getting some strange looks!

La Sagrada Familia, a famous piece of Gaudi architecture. There's a lot of famous and beautiful Gaudi architecture, but this is the most beautiful, despite the fact it's still to be completed.


I can't remember what the name of this building was but it was a 2 minute walk from our hotel and very pretty(and another Gaudi piece of architecture!) so I had to snap a picture. Can anyone help out?


Oh and this was the view from our balcony. Yup - a sex shop!!! To be honest, it provided me with much entertainment. I liked to sit out on the balcony in the afternoon and sunbathe (because it was a tiny balcony I used to take up the whole space - luckily my friend doesn't like sunshine much) and would watch the strangest people going into the shop. Like OAPs. (THAT was unexpected). It was open til late too, so at night after we got back to the hotel we would sit out watching the nighttime visitors while sipping from mini bottles of cava. One night I even ended up passing out half on the balcony, half on the bedroom floor. Oops.

Next week . . . we go to the land of the leprechauns!!! ;)

PS If you have any spare funds that you can donate, please consider putting some towards the people in Haiti. You can donate here.

24 comments:

  1. The second Gaudi building is La Pedrera :). I studied in Barcelona for a month back in college - amazing experience, and an awesome city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been there... the city looks great.... but even more, I LOVE all of your outfits!!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I SERIOUSLY need a holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man I SERIOUSLY need a holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! I love your dress that you're wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Gasp*!! Okay I'm so jealous of how much you travel!! Those pictures are awesome!! I would love to go to Spain!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You travel often don't ya? I'm envious!!! I absolutely love the look of the weird building! It's gorgeous in it's own weird little way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, Barcelona sounds fun! I would love to visit sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always forget that it becomes Wednesday way earlier over on your side of the world. I was like why is she posting on Tuesday? Butttt then I remembered. SO smart over here, haha.

    LOVED Barcelona! It was so much fun. Adorable pictures, as usual!

    Be sure to add your link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am strongly considering Barcelona for my honeymoon. You've just nudged me a little closer to that direction :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOW FUN!! Barcelona looks awesome!! And you are so cute!! I love your Wed. posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks amazing and you have the cutest dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've now added Barcelona to the extensive list of places to travel. And you're looking sexy in those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved Barcelona for many reasons and one, being a huuuuge sale in Zara when I was there...

    And can I say, I'm having a bout of boob envy! Second picture from the top. Can I borrow them?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've only been to Barcelona once and that was only for a day so didn't get to see much at all, I really want to go back. We stayed on La Ramblas though which was brilliant, I could have people watched the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Barcelona....spent 3 months there once and then another month a year later (part of a university collaboration). I had to work during the week but the weekends I explored every inch of the fascinating city :-)

    The building you asked about is Casa Batlló...it's fantastic! The roof is like the back of a dragon...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Irish pubs are the absolute best. I want to go back to Amsterdam where we found the best one. Unfortunately being pregnant I wouldn't get to enjoy it much. Sad face. Looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Barcelona -- how fun! I'm headed there for a day or two this summer... can't wait. Especially since I'll get to finally put my Spanish to good use! I studied it for eight years in school but have yet to really chat with a native speaker. Should be interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  19. i'm so jealous. i'm trying to do ireland this summer though, but unless it doesn't happen, i'm going to be in sunny acapulco....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how beautiful! Mr. Potts' & my favorite restaurant in Charlotte is a tapas place called Las Ramblas. Your post has me hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like tons of fun. I haven't been to Spain in years. But it's on my list of places to return to. I was 9. I need to go back and stand on a hotel balcony wearing only a sheet, after some vacation/hotel sex.

    Wow.... I need a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  22. And here I was worried that Barcelona didn't have anything to offer me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay on Barcelona!!!! :) This is city is soooo beautiful I want to return like right now. :D

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)